Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dogs in hot sun

On 3 Jul 2011 at 8:55pm madge wrote:
Can people please please remember its not just in cars that dogs overheat. If you must take them out in the heat of the day and plan to foolishly leave them outside supermarkets etc. for more than a few moments make sure they are secured in the shade out of the sun or can at least reach shade if they wish to otherwise they very quickly get uncomfortable and distressed. Today a friend witnessed a terrier tethered outside Tesco's for at least 30 minutes and goodness knows how long it had been there before this. It was tied to the iron fence in the direct sun with absolutely nowhere to shade and despite two tannoy attempts by Tesco staff to locate the very stupid irresponsible owner he was in no hurry to move his dog. Apparantly the dog progressed from panting & barking intermittantly to laying down exhausted - why are some dog owners so thoughtless and irresponsible?

On 4 Jul 2011 at 1:11am IMEYOU wrote:
Past the above to the copper that killed two recently and one a few years ago

On 4 Jul 2011 at 9:39am invisible man wrote:
You cant beat a good hot dog.

On 5 Jul 2011 at 12:51am not from around here wrote:
Terriers ALWAYS appear 'distressed' when tied-up anywhere regardless of the weather.

On 5 Jul 2011 at 8:48am Vesbod wrote:
Any person harming a dog (or any other animal for that matter), should be hung drawn and quartered, and that includes idiot policemen who leave their dogs to die in closed vans.
On 5 Jul 2011 at 5:42pm invisible man wrote:
Any dog harming any of my children or grandchildren will be hung drawn and quartered as well, and that includes the owner who"s partly responsible for the behaviour of their pet.

On 6 Jul 2011 at 2:33pm Confucioushesay......... wrote:
Confucious he say, 'beware hot dog that is undercooked'.

On 10 Jul 2011 at 12:18pm Pivot wrote:
Invisible man - your first post was just stupid, the second was a weird response to the topic. Yes, I'm sure you are big and brave on this forum 'invisible man'.
Dogs attack people in response to cruelty. I pity you that you are so scared of them because you are really missing out.
I pity your grandchildren even more though.

On 11 Jul 2011 at 11:41am Madge wrote:
not from around here - I would hope normal responsible people can recognise if a dog is tethered in direct sun with no shelter irrespective of why it is barking!
Invisible man - Your comment was stupid and irrelevant, nobody would condone a child getting bitten least of all a dog owner. As a parent or grandparent you have a massive responsility to the child in your care to never put them in danger, by teaching children to properly understand and respect the needs of all animals they may potentially encounter from a very early age and by being vigilant yourself most such accidents can be avoided. I dont think I would feel confident to leave my child or dog in your care with your atttude.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

A Lewes Penny 1:132
A Lewes Penny

This coulds turn into another 'tables outside Bill's' saga. I did enjoy that a decade or so ago. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell