Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dog home alone?

On 6 Apr 2013 at 7:55pm Dog tired wrote:
What do you do with your dog when you need to go out all day? Leave them at home? Doggy sitter? Any in Lewes that are reasonably priced?

On 6 Apr 2013 at 8:29pm Horseman7 wrote:
The Dog Stop are in Crisp Road. Find them on Twitter @thedogstop.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 11:04am uckersbarry wrote:
ive got a jack russell and we will give him a good walk first thing and he will go 10 hours with out making a mess but i wouldnt do it to often

On 7 Apr 2013 at 11:30am Kettle wrote:
We don't leave our alone for more than 5 hours. It's not really fair. They are pack animals and get lonely. A dog sitter who can come and let them out and give them a bit of company for a while is a good idea.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 12:06pm Southover Queen wrote:
I borrow my neighbour's dog on a regular basis, which is great for both of us. If it's not a totally regular thing (ie your dog doesn't need walking every single day) maybe that's the answer. There is a website now, called something like borrowmydog.com, which puts dog lover and dog owners in touch - worth a try?

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm Old Cynic wrote:
I never leave mine alone for more than five hours - and that's pretty rare!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
My neighbour takes mine out with hers if ever I can't, for which I am hugely grateful.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm Dog Tired wrote:
Thanks for the feedback

On 7 Apr 2013 at 9:02pm Dave wrote:
I've been considering getting a dog for ages, my youngest really wants one.
I'm going to give that dog borrowing a go and see whether its a good idea

Check it out here »

On 7 Apr 2013 at 10:31pm Southover Queen wrote:
Hey, excellent, Dave! I've been really enjoying my excursions with my lovely new canine friend, and it really is a win/win! Mind you, she's incredibly good, always comes when called, doesn't pick fights with other dogs or chase cats and is generally completely trustworthy.

Do let us know how you get on. I think the website's a great idea so I'll be really interested.

On 8 Apr 2013 at 7:17am Kettle wrote:
Great idea. I will register my pooch.

On 8 Apr 2013 at 12:18pm ConfusedMum aka DogTired wrote:
We now have a rescue dog!!! She is rather lovely and training is coming along well. She whinges a bit when left alone (we've only left here for 1/2 hour so far), but we will work on this
Dave: I got her for my child as he really loves dogs. Hoping they will become the best of friends.

On 8 Apr 2013 at 5:22pm babysitter wrote:
There's a great dogsitter/walker in Ringmer. I can't remember the name but the vet there would know,

On 8 Apr 2013 at 10:41pm Kettle wrote:
Confused mum- so happy for you and the dog. Really great news.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cross 67:132
Lewes Cross

Come back Tom. None of it is meant personally and you know I really do like you in real life. I am interested to know what your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare