Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dog friendly short uk breaks?

On 19 May 2015 at 7:45am Madge wrote:
My husband and I hope to fit in a few random last minute odd days away from home throughout this summer & maybe a week with family. No special requirements needed just the basics will do (although not too far from home or a sandy beach would be nice), the main thing is our well behaved dog must be welcome. Can anyone recommend tried and tested places to stay that accept dogs?
On 19 May 2015 at 10:17am Wag wrote:
Barking and Dogenham.

On 19 May 2015 at 10:24am Jenny wrote:
You won't have to go far ! Brighton is officially the most dog friendly place in the UK. Maybe it's just because the dogs are nicer than the people ? Still not allowed on the beach in summer though !

On 19 May 2015 at 10:43am Sjep76 wrote:
Rye Harbour caravan park, Park Holidays have a few caravans that take dogs. It is set in a nature reserve and a lovely 10 min walk from a lovely sandy beach.

On 19 May 2015 at 5:17pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The White Dog at Ewhurst Green has a couple of letting rooms and is dog-friendly. The room at the back has a lovely view over fields to Bodiam Castle, and the walk there and back is very pleasant. Very varied menu, everything from moules mariniere to ham, egg and chips.
The Foresters at Graffham in West Sussex is also dog friendly and does great food. You're just a couple of miles from Petworth (dogs allowed in Petworth Park) and there are some lovely walks in the area.
If you fancy something a bit more upmarket, the Powdermills near Battle allows dogs in the rooms and is a fab place to stay. First class food and they often have a dinner + b&b deal that is excellent value. The breakfast I had there ranks among the best I've ever eaten, and it has lovely grounds with a large lake at the back of the hotel.
Both pubs have nice gardens.

On 19 May 2015 at 9:41pm William wrote:
There used to be a guide book specifically for dog friendly places. Might have been an AA thing; try Waterstones...

On 20 May 2015 at 12:19am Madge wrote:
Thanks

On 20 May 2015 at 5:43pm Bevi wrote:
We can recommend The Castle Inn at Lulworth Cove - Dorset - bed and breakfast - dogs made to feel totally welcome. Inn does lovely good and serves lovely local ciders. Great walk around the cove. Only 2 hours away !

On 20 May 2015 at 7:15pm Moonfleet wrote:
Don't ee venture out after dark wi' thy dog. An don't ee take too much of Cripplecock Cider. Apart from that Lulworth Cove is a lovely area.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

I feel with each passing day, Tom Pains credibility on this pandemic issue wanes. Not that much credibility was warranted to... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul