Lewes Forum New message

Do NOT sign this petition as Guy Fawkes

On 25 Oct 2017 at 8:33pm Bonfire Boy wrote:
That would be a very bad thing to do.

Check it out here »
On 25 Oct 2017 at 8:45pm Blake Asurat wrote:
I suggest these t1ts are being racist by suggesting this is racist
On 25 Oct 2017 at 8:52pm Yawn wrote:
shame it doesn't allow you to sign 'against' the proposal.
On 25 Oct 2017 at 8:56pm Interesting wrote:
Just Christian names and an initial. Convincing.
On 25 Oct 2017 at 9:00pm Mavis wrote:
Christians names ??? That's a bit presumptuous too !!! How easily people take offence ?
On 25 Oct 2017 at 9:09pm Finian O'Toole. wrote:
Love the wording in the petition.
Lewes a diverse community, don't make me laugh.
On 25 Oct 2017 at 9:09pm Yawn wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to set up a petition that I want everyone that agrees wth me to sign, and then tout the 'result' as being the consensus of public opinion!
Utter codswallop, must be a politician!
On 25 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm A face wrote:
What a bunch of do gooding spinsters
On 25 Oct 2017 at 10:15pm Not Offended wrote:
It appears that people are being offended on behalf of other people, how many Zulu warriors have signed the petition? Do we now ban dressing up as Santa so not to offend the people of Lapland, or ban fancy dress parties, or Carnival, or drag queens, or Africans straighten their hair and wearing a western style business suits. Be yourself, be boring, be nature, go naked. Bull S..t PC crap.
On 25 Oct 2017 at 10:32pm Onion Muzak wrote:
*throws hissy fit*
On 25 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm Katie Hopkins wrote:
What about me, what about me? Black people should be trod on and stuff. Don't leave me out of it.
On 25 Oct 2017 at 11:10pm innit wrote:
innit
On 26 Oct 2017 at 4:30am Mr sensitive wrote:
Some of the comments on there are unbelievable. Those poor little souls getting offended on behalf of other is quite touching......NOT.
Have you seriously not got anything better to do? I'm surprised you've not written a strongly worded letter to the Guardian yet.
Get a f****** grip.
On 26 Oct 2017 at 6:39am Guy Fawkes wrote:
I've signed it.
On 26 Oct 2017 at 9:14am Given name wrote:
unless you are baptized - and what about other faiths ?
On 26 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm JW wrote:
Hahahahahaha whoever started this petition doesn’t know the boroughs committee very well....filed! (In the bin)

On 26 Oct 2017 at 11:49pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
I have emailed them requesting a full list of all signatures. Won't expect a reply till the 6th at least.
On 27 Oct 2017 at 12:43am Lewes born wrote:
Fascinating how little insight so many people have into these issues. 'Oh it's great if we just dress up as a group we violently oppressed and perpetuate the racist tradition of blacking up that has long been part if our history - it's just a bit of fun!' No, it isn't just a bit of fun. The reason 'Africans' (odd term to use) can dress in Western-style business suits is because: (a) Westerners have not been systematically oppressed or been disadvantaged by racism and imperialism in modern times; (b) because business suits are not considered by Westerners to hold profound cultural value; and (c) because those of other cultures who do wear them are not trivialising them. By blacking up, those in this country who are not white are reminded of the violence and prejudice experienced by their families and which they continue to experience today.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Bottleneck 113:132
The Bottleneck

Trump worse than Obama? GTFO. Trump claimed a lot of things, you'd be a fool to accept it. Drone strikes and bombing raids... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan