Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Dive of a town

8
29
On Thu 11 Jul at 2:43pm local2 wrote:
Like a suburb straight outta London
15
17
On Thu 11 Jul at 5:17pm Eighties Boy wrote:
Do something to improve things.
17
33
On Thu 11 Jul at 5:31pm Hyena wrote:
L2, please elaborate. As a SE Londoner I can’t see the similarities.
23
50
On Thu 11 Jul at 7:14pm Basil wrote:
I suppose what local2 means is that the luvviedom typified by Viva Lewes is very much like living in an oh-so-smart London suburb.
13
50
On Thu 11 Jul at 7:31pm Hyena wrote:
Not Woolwich or Plumstead then.
30
46
On Thu 11 Jul at 8:47pm local2 wrote:
As soon as you enter Lewes you are greeted by graffiti, smashed up windows and homeless people everywhere. Gangs is at an all time high. You posh snobs just don’t want to accept that it’s happening around your beloved town.
14
39
On Thu 11 Jul at 9:27pm Hyena wrote:
You’re deluded.
20
32
On Fri 12 Jul at 1:54pm Sussex Gammon wrote:
You lot need to get a grip.
Like Hyena, i grew up in SE London (Deptford/Lewisham/New Cross) and just got off a brief stint in Whitehawk... Lewes is a little slice of heaven in comparison... this post is outrageous!
23
26
On Fri 12 Jul at 4:20pm Decent Citizen 1 wrote:
Local2 Where are we speaking of? I use train regularly,and see none you you mention.. Enter by car,again,same question! Lewes is a beautiful Town with far less of what you mention than many other Towns. Yes,we have one or two beggars ,again nothing like other Towns. Don’t like it,move on!
18
25
On Fri 12 Jul at 4:45pm local2 wrote:
As you stated above you grew up in London, you have no idea what Lewes used to be like, get your head out your a*s and take a-look at what’s going on around you, just because it’s “worse” in other towns doesn’t mean nothing is happening here.
13
22
On Fri 12 Jul at 4:48pm local2 wrote:
Decent citizen are you seriously trying to say there’s no graffiti in Lewes? Have you ever left your house
20
26
On Fri 12 Jul at 6:04pm Hyena wrote:
L2, oh I though you said it was like a suburb of London, which it isn’t. By the way I’m not posh or a snob I just have a grip on reality.
20
19
On Fri 12 Jul at 6:44pm local2 wrote:
How can you say you have a grip on reality when you’re blatantly refusing to accept what’s happening around you? And you have the audacity to call me deluded?
Its Londoners like you that are ruining this town, you’ve come from a place where crime is high and seem to think it’s acceptable around Lewes, and we all need to get a grip.
13
25
On Fri 12 Jul at 7:28pm Hyena wrote:
I knew we’d get to the DFL rant eventuality.
I must confess though that I spray my tag at every opportunity, routinely break windows and am a member of a gang, I’m also homeless and have substance abuse issues.
13
17
On Fri 12 Jul at 8:10pm Eighties Boy wrote:
Most parts of London are actually nice places to live.
And Local2, the crime in Lewes (80s/90s) used to be a lot worse than it is now. There were well known robbers, thugs, drug dealers and small time criminals running riot.
All good fun, if you had your wits about you.
15
21
On Sun 14 Jul at 8:45pm Hugh Janus wrote:
Lewes is full of pretentious twats now, i've lived here most of my life and dealing with them on a daiy basis is really hard work!
9
16
On Mon 15 Jul at 1:51pm Sussex Gammon wrote:
i repeat, get a grip.
a small bunch of anti social kids, and hand full of break-ins does not constitute a "crimewave" worthy of stating i guess is time to move to a safer town" and the other dumb rhetoric you see here and the FB page.
Get a grip, or move out and let more of us nice Londoners move in.
x
8
25
On Mon 15 Jul at 3:29pm local2 wrote:
Sussex gammon you complete and utter snob, these breakings and antisocial kids you mention have never been so high around Lewes, its because of attitudes like yours that’s why we are on the verge of a crime wave. Constantly trying to brush it under the carpet and compare other places that are worse. Go back to your 3rd world city you daft c*nt or dont come here with your wannabe superiority.
6
23
On Mon 15 Jul at 5:12pm Hyena wrote:
L2, as I said delusional.
6
17
On Mon 15 Jul at 5:26pm local2 wrote:
A very good argument you have hyena.
4
23
On Mon 15 Jul at 5:35pm Sussex Gammon wrote:
HA!
Local2 you utter cretin, you need to get a grip mate, calm down a little, maybe a pint of best?
Any way you slice it you should probably move, make room for more of us 3rd world snobs and our crime wave.
Moron.
13
11
On Mon 15 Jul at 5:51pm Hyena wrote:
If you can provide statistical evidence that crime has never been so high then blame austerity and write to Maria. Having a pop at Londoners in general is simply ridiculous, and by the way Deptford, New Cross , Lewisham, Woolwich and Plumstead aren’t renowned for the ‘poshness’ of their residents.


15 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Portal 78:143
Lewes Portal

Is that such bad news. Years after year, the same old tedious thing. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie