Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Design/Studio space in Lewes

On 3 Apr 2014 at 5:40pm pixelpirate wrote:
Hello Good Folk of Lewes,
I work for a small Graphic Design Agency who emigrated from Brighton about a year ago and settled in Lewes. We LOVE it here!
We have outgrown our studio and we are looking for a new space to call home. The "commercial" spaces that are readily available aren't really our cup of tea (warehouses and units etc). We've tried all teh traditional avenues to no avail, so thought I'd try my luck here!
Does anyone know of any space (enough for 6 people + a meeting table) that will be available in the coming months?
Thankyou!

On 3 Apr 2014 at 5:58pm Andy wrote:
Have you looked at:-
www.fisherstreetstudios.co.uk
www.wildfolkcoworking.com
Do you have a website or email contact details?
On 3 Apr 2014 at 10:01pm pixelpirate wrote:
Thanks Andy - we looked at fisher st when we first moved and we are friends with the lovely Alice at wildfolk, unfortunately neither quite the right spec!
pixeldotcreative.com

On 4 Apr 2014 at 12:06am Dave wrote:
There was an office in the Con club advertise decently! dunno if it's still available but worth a look! I looked at an office there a while back and it really good and very reasonable rates.
You should maybe also talk to the woman who organises the Lewes business expo, I think she's at The Hive she might be able to help.

On 4 Apr 2014 at 12:08am Dave wrote:
Biz Space on Malling Hill are great too btw. I think there's an ad for them in the classifieds on this site.

On 4 Apr 2014 at 7:05am Funny how? wrote:
The Hive on the High St?

On 4 Apr 2014 at 9:58am pixelpirate wrote:
Thankyou everyone! We will check those out
On 4 Apr 2014 at 10:29am Sarah wrote:
Hi pixelpirate. i work at Bizspace on Malling Street in Lewes. I would be happy to show you around our avaliable space. If you would like to discuss your requirements and view the space then please call me on 01273 897300.

On 7 Apr 2014 at 5:29pm Claire Kirtland wrote:
We do not have any space at The Hive for that spec at the moment but there is an office building up for grabs on priory st, with three car parking spaces for 7.5k per year approx. 495sqft split into two rooms.. not far from the station, check OakleyCommercial online..
On 8 Apr 2014 at 1:42pm pixelpirate wrote:
Thanks Claire, we tried to arrange a viewing on Friday but apparently its already gone!

On 8 Apr 2014 at 2:51pm Deelite 2 wrote:
We had so much problem finding the sort of office space we wanted in Lewes that we ended up buying a building and renting parts of it to other companies. Arranging a commercial mortgage through Barclays was easier than we expected. An option maybe?

On 8 Apr 2014 at 4:14pm Mark wrote:
If you don't mind a 5 mins drive or bike ride out of Lewes we have a self contained office at Cooksbridge Station, just over 500 sqft for 400 month. Its split into a main office, meeting room and has a W.C, kitchenette and parking, (nice views of the downs) if you'd like to have a look please call me on 01273 401648.

On 9 Apr 2014 at 6:01pm Claire Kirtland wrote:
There is space available at Lewes House, contact Bee Lewis 471600. Best Wishes, Claire

On 11 Apr 2014 at 3:58pm pixelpirate wrote:
Thanks Deelite, Mark & Clare!

On 14 Apr 2014 at 2:27pm passing by wrote:
I used to have an office at Topcentre on Malling Street, i believe its changed names now though (going back a few years now)
Try calling Dawn (if she still works there) and im sure she will show you around

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Normans Helmet 94:132
Normans Helmet

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell