Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Depressed? Blame it on the Neanderthals.

On 23 Aug 2018 at 12:13am Ugg wrote:
It turns out our Neanderthal ancestors passed on some genetic shortcomings that are responsible for a range of modern day health problems from depression to stroke and even the difficulty of giving up smoking.
US scientists analysed the genomes of 28,000 adults and found the impact Neanderthal DNA had on 1,000 different clinical conditions.

Check it out here »
On 23 Aug 2018 at 6:26am Marco wrote:
But the real issue is....my summer season window boxes are looking like its time for a refresh. Im considering a full colour mix of winter flowering pansies. Always open to suggestions tho
On 23 Aug 2018 at 7:35am pansy wrote:
I've had night scented stocks in my boxes this year. Amazing scents when I throw open my windows, so much better than air fresheners.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 8:41am Marco wrote:
A good call a fine suggestion
On 23 Aug 2018 at 9:01am #Ugg wrote:
I thought we were back on Brexit

On 26 Aug 2018 at 3:05pm Lorne Green Again wrote:
Don't forget to underplant your window boxes with bulbs to add a bit more interest. A simple arrangement of a single colour like grape hyacinths, iris reticulata, crocus or even snowdrops can brighten the most gloomy of sites. If you are thinking of using daffodils, make sure you get a dwarf variety. There's a wonderful arrangement of ferns in a couple of terracotta pots in De Montfort road at the moment. Beautifully simple and elegant. (There used to be three but something must have happened to the other one). Wonderfully stylish and one that will provide a beautiful but understated display all year round.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Bottleneck 123:143
The Bottleneck

It sounds too close to the Nevill to be Leicester Road or the Pells, but it's very loud! more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine