Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Depot Christmas Menu

On 16 Nov 2017 at 2:32pm Huh??? wrote:
Someone please explain just what the heck the Depot are thinking with this 'menu'? I need to understand...

Check it out here »
On 16 Nov 2017 at 2:39pm Horseman7 wrote:
Certainly not traditional but sounds yummy.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 3:02pm GIUSEPPE wrote:
'Sourdough crostini, sun blush tomato, hummus, mint pesto, semi dried cherry tomato'. When will you English learn? Pesto is for to put on pasta! And we did not create the crostini for you to put hummus on them! Do not insult our patrimony!
On 16 Nov 2017 at 3:32pm always greener wrote:
Probably thinking that people moan about only eating roast turkey around Christmas so they might offer something a bit different.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 3:51pm @always greener wrote:
Everything wrong with British food is summed up in your comment. Never before has an entire society thrown such a delicious baby out with the bath water.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 4:12pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think it sounds great, although I had to google chermoula and caponata.
The trio of meringues sounds delicious, but I would prefer them with ice cream.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 4:51pm always greener wrote:
With you on that. We're not helped by some of the 'roasts' you get charged £12 for in pubs nowadays though.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 5:41pm tobnac wrote:
Sounds good to me. If you want a traditional christmas menu you can get it at Real Eating, Bills, Le Magasin, Aqua, Cote or Fuego. Or any of the pubs. Or the hotels. Nice to have a bit of variety, don't you think?
On 16 Nov 2017 at 6:16pm Bert wrote:
Sounds disgusting ! Might cause a stink in the close confines of the cinema though !! But good value for a fiver !
On 16 Nov 2017 at 9:56pm Peasant wrote:
Afraid I donít recognise half the words on the page. Iíd happily give it a try though!
On 17 Nov 2017 at 7:23am Godhelpus wrote:
Seems pretty daft to me. If you're looking for an example of a good Christmas menu check out the Camberwell Arms in London.
On 17 Nov 2017 at 7:25am Godhelpus wrote:
Oh and it's only 32 quid for 3 courses. There are no excuses for turkey burrito with cauliflower 'whip'
On 17 Nov 2017 at 2:36pm Actually wrote:
Nothing British about Turkey, which is an American import
Go for Goose
On 18 Nov 2017 at 7:39am Yah wrote:
Looks great to me and at a very decent price. You can get very fed up with dry turkey meat and Christmas pudding.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Moving On parade 93:132
Moving On parade

It is government by stealth because the measures are so constitutionally unsound, they can not be honest about them. The only... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine