Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dentist - BEWARE!

On 25 Jan 2008 at 6:45pm Maddie wrote:
He's in Brighton so may not apply to that many people, but Alen Gilani of Albion Dental Practice appears to be charging NHS patients (like myself) private fees.
He was supposed to give me a crown, he then said I needed root canal and when he quoted me nearly 800 for the job, told me the alternative was extraction. After having the work done I went home and looked it up on the website - and it was hundred less.
Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?
No wonder people are doing their own dentistry!
On 25 Jan 2008 at 6:58pm FA wrote:
Apparently....so i was told recently, if you need 3 fillings, a NHS dentist will charge you for 3 fillings....maybe 120 for example.
But a private dentist will only charge you for the time taken...so if the three fillings take half an hour, you may only be charges 40
Not sure how true this is.

On 25 Jan 2008 at 9:02pm Maddie wrote:
Well this guy isn't. The cost on the NHS was 194 - but I didn't find that out til I got home and looked it up on the website.
Gilane is trying to charge me for private root canal and a private crown - without giving me the NHS cost even though I am an NHS patient.

On 31 Jan 2008 at 5:02pm down to earth wrote:
I had a similar experience several years ago in North Street. Went private for a white filling, dentist was running 45 minutes late and i think my filling was being rushed so much that the drill slipped and split my dam tooth so much that i had the tooth removed because i was in so much pain. After i got over the shock of what happened i then complained and was offered a bridge or a false tooth free of charge, i went for the option of false tooth as i did'nt want to have 2 healthy teeth filed down. Well the look on my face when i returned for the false tooth must have said it all, i put it in and felt like metal micky, there was more metal than tooth so walked out disgusted and signed up else where. Im now with the one next to monsoon and cant fault them one bit. Highly recommend them.

On 1 Feb 2008 at 12:14am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
NHS dentists are governed by the cheapest treatment - eg an extraction costs less than conservative treatment so extraction is the route that most NHS dentists take.
Private dentistry costs pretty much the same as NHS rates and the dentists are usually established practitioners - not the newly qualified Orin Scrivello's of this world - check out www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3mrKW-Nk0

On 22 Nov 2008 at 9:25pm albion wrote:
qwqw

On 19 Mar 2014 at 9:05am Up on the hill wrote:
The one above monsoon as certainly the best and most honest.
Did my neighbours work which was a lot. About 6 hours in the chair and only cost 49.00.
There is no way they. Made money but treated him well and did not grumble about amount of work needed.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Baxters Print Works Lewes 8:132
Baxters Print Works Lewes

There seems to be lots of people with leaky fuel tanks in lewes as i keep seeing queues around all petrol stations in town.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams