Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dead cat on side of the road.

On 18 Jun 2018 at 6:50am Ben Brooks wrote:
Iím sorry to say that there is a cat that has passed away, laying on the pavement next to the old police garage on Spital Road, Lewes. Itís completely black and I couldnít see a collar.
On 18 Jun 2018 at 8:51am Jim wrote:
Just to say that itís been reported to the District Council who are coming to pick it up and check for a microchip.
Itís in a bin bag outside the gates of the ambulance station.
Looks like it didnít suffer.
I think the owner has been found.
On 18 Jun 2018 at 6:32pm Pedro wrote:
*sigh* this is another very sad, but all too common sight. 1 in 4 cats are killed on roads. Cats rarely will grasp road traffic....if you live near a busy road, and have a cat, you really need to seriously consider limiting its outdoor access. I appreciate some people may feel its a bit cruel not allowing cats to roam free, but its far more cruel to both the cat, owners and even drivers to have to endure this tragedy. Cats can thrive indoors (and on average live far longer lives), and limited supervised outdoor visits is a workable solution to give them a bit of freedom and fresh air.
On 18 Jun 2018 at 6:54pm Pedro shut up wrote:
Learn to keep your gob shut at the right time.
On 18 Jun 2018 at 7:51pm Cat Owner wrote:
Thanks Pedro. I will take great comfort from your words.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts 29:132
Closet and Botts

Worst recorded Lewes river Ouse flooding January 1772 (235 cubic metres per second dishcarge). October 1852 2nd worst (230 cmps).... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane
Brighton Jobs