Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dark star going down hill

On 15 Jun 2011 at 10:58pm MeMyselfMe wrote:
Is it just me that thinks that dark star are not brewing the same as they used to be? I used to be a top fan of their beer but i have not found any that i would drink more thank a half off. I think they are trying too many new brews instead of concentrating on there greatest beers. I used to walk into a pub and dark star was always my fave beer to drink. Now, others such as sharps, have taken lead. Very sad times indeed

On 16 Jun 2011 at 8:27am Mr Forks wrote:
Not true, had a couple of pints of their Ruby Mild in The Gardeners this week and it was lovely!

On 17 Jun 2011 at 6:58am drone wrote:
Disagree. Tried all the DS ales that the Gardeners ships in. They`ve all been good.

On 17 Jun 2011 at 6:48pm Terry Waite's Allotment wrote:
Agree with Drone

On 18 Jun 2011 at 5:56pm topdollar wrote:
i could not agree less with original poster.
the brew kit that Darkstar now operates with produces a greater level of concistancy than their old one, also they only really introduce a couple of new seasonals each year. Sharps on the otherhand and "Doom Bar" in particular has gone from being a lovely fruity well balanced beer to a very non descript bland pint, which is brewed in Rock then transported by a lorry (simular to the ones that carry vast amounts of milk) and then barreled in their central depot near london! However the Atlantic IPA Sharps brew is well worth looking out for.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Elly Angel 114:132
The Elly Angel

He runs this country in the current vacuum of effective leadership. It's a disastrous time for it to happen. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington