Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Damn Olympics

On 22 Jun 2012 at 9:46pm poppet wrote:
Having waited since February to hear if my interview for volunteering with the Olympics was successful, I finally went to London for my training today only to find that I was given all the wrong information. After numerous phone calls trying to find out what was going on, I discovered that the lack of communication meant I was then booked into 2 other training days but they could not guarantee that the building where the training was to take place would even be open and that I should just 'turn up and see what happens'. I have finally admitted defeat and have now decided against volunteering. As a student, I thought this was a great opportunity for me but have now decided to look for some paid work over the summer. If anyone is looking to temporarily employ someone until mid September I am happy to consider any type of employment.

On 24 Jun 2012 at 11:42am Ed Can Do wrote:
If you still want to be involved in the Olympics in some way, there are still jobs to be had in the various support companies. I know Compass are still employing catering staff but it's a long way to go to be a barman or waiter for the day, I'd imagine you could find similar stuff locally if you look around a bit.

35 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

roboqueen 102:132
roboqueen

Im not as convinced as you are that ivermectin is effective as a treatment for covid. The overwhelming evidence shows the vaccine... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo