Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

DISTRICT COUNCIL WEBSITE

On 22 Mar 2013 at 2:00pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Just trying to find out details of local district councillors and to look at the agenda and minutes of recent district council meeting. I can access every other page on the district council website, but not the pages for councillors or meetings/minutes. Should I be suspicious ?

On 22 Mar 2013 at 2:19pm lewes resident wrote:
Brixtonbelle I am having the same problem, not been able to access the planning meetings for last 3 weeks. What do the have to hide?

On 22 Mar 2013 at 3:57pm bastian wrote:
everything! it's the emporers new clothes of course.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 3:59pm John Stockdale wrote:
I've just visited the site and looked at the pages BB cites without a problem. Maybe a glitch has been sorted out.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 4:22pm Deelite wrote:
The link to the planning committee pages does not work for me either. I remember when I made an application a few months ago that sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.
Link to 'Planning Application Committee' from main planning page:
www.lewes.gov.uk/planning/15501.asp

On 22 Mar 2013 at 7:43pm Sylvia wrote:
It's true the link from your council to find a councillor does not work. I found this a while ago, forgot about it, just looked again and you still cannot access details about councillors, wards and how to contact them.
On 23 Mar 2013 at 9:24am bastian wrote:
that's very convienient

On 23 Mar 2013 at 11:45am Arsetian wrote:
Bastian, you're off again with your troll sh1t, clearly it's not convenient for anyone. If people want sarcasm they can go on a children's chat room. You are sooooo think!

On 23 Mar 2013 at 7:38pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Perhaps the link to "Find your councillor" no longer works because they have all become irrelevant.
The link to Cllr Page the Strong Leader still works, and he is now the only one who matters?

On 25 Mar 2013 at 1:20pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Have just tried again through difference search engine. The only two links on the site I cannot access are 'FIND MY COUNCILLOR' 'DISTRICT COUNCILLORS AND WARDS' and 'AGENDAS, MINUTES AND REPORTS' . So these files maybe held on a different system. It's certainly can't be a server problem or a 'glitch'.

Any district councillor perusing this forum like to raise it with the council techies ???

On 25 Mar 2013 at 8:32pm Curious wrote:
Dear Brixtonbellend, if the where any LDC councillors on here, why would they help any of you on here given the abuse and malevolence you all hurl at them. Help yourselves you trolls!

On 26 Mar 2013 at 9:48am Dickie wrote:
@brixtonbelle, here's a cached version of the 'Find my Councillor' page. The 'Decision' page also only resolves to a cached page.

Check it out here »

On 26 Mar 2013 at 1:17pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Thanks for your constructive comment, Curious. if you can point me to some abuse and malevolance I have hurled at particular councillors on this site, please do enlighten me with the details.

I would have thought any councillor who wants to serve his/her constituents, would want to be contactable and accountable via the information on the District Council website. It's frustrating that I can neither find out who I am represented by, find their email and read about how much or how little they have been contributing to meetings and debates.
Thanks Dickie for the link.

On 26 Mar 2013 at 1:19pm brixtonbelle wrote:
haha Dickie - the cached page link came up with Error 404. But thanks for your efforts anyway.

On 26 Mar 2013 at 8:13pm Judge Mental wrote:
i have read this forum for the last few months and there has been considerable derogatry retoric about LDC as a whole and various personal and disparaging attacks and comments on individual councilors. perhaps ive been unlucking when ive plugged in and this forum is really full of accountable constructive contributors such as yourself. One could ofcourse, if one were so inclined and really that interested, just ring the council and point out the issue to be helpfull?

On 26 Mar 2013 at 8:55pm Deelite wrote:
A number of LDC councillors regularly post here and and more often than not do not attract abuse. The strong leader Councillor James Page on the other hand (who never posts on here, not under his real name anyway) attracts nothing but abuse.

I've no idea why.

On 26 Mar 2013 at 9:22pm Judge Mental wrote:
really, ive also seen statements about them all being useless, the fact that they are either too ineffectual or weak to stand up to the "strong leader". The last lot were no better than this lot, historic non acheivement, all sorts, perhaps you dont read those bits. i suppose if people try diferent things it's easy to have a pop.

On 26 Mar 2013 at 11:39pm Deelite wrote:
A few people are rude, but the majority aren't. Just recently the council have taken some unpopular decisions and attracted criticism. Some people are inclined to be rude when they feel that their comments can't be attributed to them. They are anonymous cowards. Often an anonymous coward will be illiterate and post under multiple user names. Their writing style (or lack of it) makes them easy to spot and if they persist they are sometimes banned. Recently there has been a small rash of these idiots. (It looks like there might still be one posting now but I imagine he'll grow up or be gone soon.)

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine