Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

DAB Radio Reception in Lewes

On 27 Nov 2010 at 2:11pm SHS wrote:
Anyone got one & what's it like, where? Should I just get a new FM/SM radio or go for DAB and if the latter, do I need to stand on a chimney to get reception in Lewes and would there still be good reception in the middle of the forest or deep in the Downs? Are Juice & Bright available or just Radio 4? Thinking of a portable radio - thanks for any advice.

On 27 Nov 2010 at 5:19pm KEN wrote:
Got a DAB radio in Cliffe and reception's fine. If it's OK here at the bottom of Cliffe I imagine it should be fine in most parts of Lewes. No problem with availability of various stations.

On 27 Nov 2010 at 6:08pm Sam Spam wrote:
it's good in Pells too even though we have no digital TV reception

On 27 Nov 2010 at 6:20pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Fine on the Nevill, where R4 on FM is iffy and long wave even worse.

On 27 Nov 2010 at 7:02pm Grunge wrote:
Can anyone explain why Radio 4 suddenly crackles and has to be retuned?

On 28 Nov 2010 at 2:25am SHS wrote:
Thanks for the feedback chaps. Curious to know why digital radio is easy but digital TV isn't.... maybe different transmitters? Or magic?

On 29 Nov 2010 at 7:21pm LewesSigner wrote:
I'm up towards Malling and get a good DAB signal. Agree it is very strange that I can't Freeview / Digital over here too.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 26:132
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

Hello

Lewes is beautiful and I have been considering moving there for a while. I am now thinking of buying a place on Friars... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa