Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Customer feedback and ideas

On 23 Jul 2014 at 2:22pm Sageandonion wrote:
I would be interested to know what locals and Lewes visitors think of the local clothing shops and what could be introduced to improve their shopping experience. Jess

Check it out here »
On 23 Jul 2014 at 3:20pm Michael wrote:
A welcome addition to the town would be a budget clothes shop for people who can't afford designer stuff without getting in to debt.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 3:28pm jessica barnard wrote:
I do understand (and agree that debt is a bad thing) but I must say that just because some of the clothing shops are independent doesn't make them designer at all. I know not everything is cheap but some things are.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 3:29pm trooper wrote:
"Michael" I fully agree with you, as I see it we have three shops in Lewes selling mens clothing, all of which are very pricey to put it no stronger, you are correct the word is Budget and some choice would be good.It really would save having to go to Brighton or Eastbourne or even further,and "on line" leaves something to be desired.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 6:29pm Dirke wrote:
Michael: this already exists (albeit for women) 'Roundabout' at the bottom of Cliffe High Stret.

On 23 Jul 2014 at 6:30pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
It would be nice if more shops sold stuff in sizes bigger than 16. Hats off to Capriccio who have a good range of stylish stuff in bigger sizes.
You have great scarves in Sage & Onion though.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 7:12pm 43 year old size 10 wrote:
When I need clothes it never occurs to me to look in any shops in Lewes. These little shops are way too expensive and have little in terms of choice. Marks and Spencer, Next or Tesco is where I get my clothes
On 23 Jul 2014 at 7:50pm Window Dresser wrote:
Sage & Onion the window display on your "window to the world" website, frankly, looks like a charity shop. Just saying.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 8:12pm trooper wrote:
Is it me but all the posts are female, do the male population of Lewes not buy clothes although come to think from what I have seen, the answer is no,most of them look like something no self respecting cat would bring home. I am allways suprised that well dressed ladies are accompanied by a scarecrow.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 8:38pm Mme B wrote:
What I hate are those baggy, knee length, khaki or camouflage shorts. They don't do chaps any favours at all!
As for the independent women's clothes shops, I am too old to make a judgement, but I will say that I have never seen in their windows anything I would remotely think of wearing if I were younger. But that's just me.
On 23 Jul 2014 at 11:19pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Guilty as charged, ma'am. I popped into Paul Clarke with the aim of smartening myself up, then I saw the prices...
On 24 Jul 2014 at 9:02am bastian wrote:
It's Primark for work clothes, fankly it's primark for smart clothes to.
Can we have one in Lewes please-save a rail fare.(it's still cheaper to pay the rail fare and buy clothes in Brighton).
On 24 Jul 2014 at 9:53am Passing By wrote:
We need more affordable clothing shops - men and women - i will not pay 50 for a t-shirt no matter now nice it is.
Also, the afforadble womens clothes shop we do have (new look) would benifit from being larger so they can get a better range of clothes. Like has been said before, if i am going clothes shopping i usually go to brighton. I find more clothes just by visiting Next, Asda and Matalan in a quick shop than i do in Lewes.
On 24 Jul 2014 at 10:13am Mme B wrote:
New Penny Boutique used to be great for affordable women''s clothes, but they have changed hands and gone up the price market.
On 24 Jul 2014 at 12:41pm bit plump wrote:
clothes that look nice on normal people would be good. we are not all bijou.

On 25 Jul 2014 at 10:49pm Mr Humphries wrote:
Paul Clarke sells labels that are expensive but badly made - threads and buttons loosen easily (though their shoe brands are good).

The shop on school hill sells stuff that is about 10 years out of date and is expensive. You have to go to Brighton or buy online.

On 26 Jul 2014 at 2:13pm Knickerless wrote:
Somewhere to buy knickers and socks.
On 26 Jul 2014 at 5:02pm MALE PIRATE wrote:
YARGH! Bird Stuffing, Your Website Is Useless To Me.
Lewes needs a Marks & Spencer. And some better choice for somewhere that gentleman can buy every day clothes like PANTS, TROUSERS and Ts.
SHIVER ME CLOTHES, there's no good choice

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes winged messenger 90:132
Lewes winged messenger

It's part of a mini Holland scheme for widening pavements and discouraging car use,which on the face of it sounds like a good... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde