Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Criminal damage

On 30 Jul 2016 at 7:06pm Site Manager wrote:
Yesterday evening (Friday 29 July) two young males broke into our building site in Lewes. They discharged some fire extinguishers but I did not notice any further damage. I do not tolerate trespass and criminal damage. We have informed the police, who will, hopefully, be over next week to take a statement.
I have crystal clear CCTV footage that will easily identify the miscreants and if Webbo could contact me I would like to post the images.
On 30 Jul 2016 at 9:24pm webbo wrote:
If you register and create an account you can post the images yourself but the correct course of action would probably to pass them on to the police.
But I'm not sure how much manpower they would dedicate to kids letting off a couple of fire extinguishers.
On 30 Jul 2016 at 9:33pm Site Manager wrote:
OK I will create an account.
The fire extinguishers are in place to protect workers and neighbouring properties from fire, which I think is very important. I am not sure why you take this so lightly. People die in fires and the sort of people who break into premises and set off extinguishers are also those who cause arson.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 1:01am Webbo wrote:
I'm not sure why you think I'm taking it lightly, could you explain?
On 31 Jul 2016 at 4:59am Poppy wrote:
Welcome to the Lewes forum where just about every thread turns into a slanging match or is full of sarcastic, non relevant posts.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 7:30am Xplorer2 wrote:
I have to say Webbbo, I read your post in the same way as Site Manager.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 7:55am Xplorer3 wrote:
And so do I. Not quite as fervent as Poppy, but let's say I consider the Lewes Forum and it's random censorship, strange. Kind regards.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 8:21am leaf wrote:
I don't think Webbo is being sarcastic or not taking it seriously. Yes its trespass etc but the police are not going to use all their resources to find a couple of pissed up teenagers being stupid. Maybe your site needs to be a bit more secure.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 9:05am Lewes Voter 3 wrote:
Put the pictures up. The police will do nothing. People who actually bother will then take care of this.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 9:21am Webbo wrote:
@poppy
I've just had a look at the last 10 threads and the vast majority of them are not as you describe
On 31 Jul 2016 at 9:30am leaf wrote:
Poppy, why do you say non relevant?
On 31 Jul 2016 at 10:29am Southstreeter wrote:
@Webbo I didn't read your post as censoring at all and I'm sure site manager will of course be showing the cctv images to the police anyway . They may only be letting off fire extinguishers THIS time but maybe next time they'll be more daring . Im led to believe Sussex Police have a site that you can upload pics of miscreants to but I haven't found it . I think there should be more public identifying of criminals or trouble causers as I also believe this would have more effect locally especially where youngsters are involved . I'm sure teachers , parents or employers will take action quicker and more effectively than the police . We always display pictures of shoplifters because if nothing else it might discourage them to not return . Good luck site manager , I'm with you , these people need dealing with .
On 31 Jul 2016 at 2:35pm Irrelavant wrote:
Non relevant.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 4:17pm Clifford wrote:
Site Manager wrote: 'I do not tolerate trespass and criminal damage.'

I must say that pompous sentence suggests someone who is a bit full of himself.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 5:54pm Townie wrote:
That's rich coming from you Clifford
On 31 Jul 2016 at 7:40pm Historian wrote:
What's the point of having CCTV if you're not going to use the footage ?? Post it up mate.
On 31 Jul 2016 at 10:53pm if art wrote:
Yes site manager! Put the pictures up. The police will do nothing. People who actually bother will then take care of this. Lewes Voter 3 will take the law into his own wrist hand action..
On 31 Jul 2016 at 11:54pm NAME AND SHAME wrote:
Create a Facebook page and put the video and photos on there. Lets see who the little sh1ts are.
On 1 Aug 2016 at 9:56am Got them wrote:
Photos up or is it all talk time will tell
On 1 Aug 2016 at 12:04pm Unknown wrote:
Why does everyone blame kids and talk like they were innocent children that never put a hair out of place yes deal with it but why do you need a lynch mob??

On 1 Aug 2016 at 9:33pm Site Manager wrote:
The incident is really annoying as I now have to replace (at my own expense) two fire extinguishers and have spent a fair while copying the CCTV onto SD card and considering what to do. Maybe the offenders have no previous and have led innocent lives up to now. I doubt it. My favoured result would be if they apologised and offered to pay for the damage. Better that for their future prospects.
If anyone knows who they are, please ask them to come to our site during working hours. If they are big enough to sort this out themselves I will take this no further.
On 1 Aug 2016 at 9:47pm Site Manager wrote:
Webbo:
In response to your post, I was really ***** at finding the site broken into and the extinguishers set off. In this circumstance, balance and reason can be lacking with me.
On 1 Aug 2016 at 10:09pm Realist wrote:
Which site are you managing

On 1 Aug 2016 at 10:21pm Site worker wrote:
The hotel
On 2 Aug 2016 at 7:40am Maybe they were wrote:
offspring of Brexiteers who have been persuaded that Foreign Building Workers are a bad thing. Just saying. Kind regards.
On 2 Aug 2016 at 7:59am Southstreeter wrote:
@Site manager ..... they won't apologise or pay for the damage unless a "grown up" "makes them . They won't be reading this forum , guaranteed so why don't you post some images somewhere ( here included ) and then maybe someone might know them and that ball might start rolling . If however you don't then I suspect you don't actually really want to catch them but just let off steam . And also this must be a personal issue that annoys you ( and I'm on your side , it would annoy me too ) because I'm sure that your firm or " the hotel "are not in the slightest bit interested in the cost of two fire extinguishers .
On 2 Aug 2016 at 11:44am Dr. Fraud wrote:
Maybe they were - That's a very neat piece of insinuation, do you study the technique or does it just come naturally? Why stop there? After all everybody knows that Brexiteers are homophobic kitten stranglers and misogynist cannibals, just saying!
On 2 Aug 2016 at 2:19pm Dr. De'Ath wrote:
Insinuation that you found beyond your pale ? Or maybe just taking the micturation. Kind regards.

9 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery Lewes 39:143
Harveys Brewery Lewes

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes