Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Credit where credit's due

On 23 Jul 2013 at 8:49pm Paul wrote:
Thanks to the Conservative run council who had the bravery to support the stopover from the start - leadership a Libdem council would never have given.
On 25 Jul 2013 at 10:30am Peter wrote:
How old are you Paul? 12? 14?
On 25 Jul 2013 at 3:07pm Old Cynic wrote:
Yup, they can arrange a concert but not a pi$$-up in a brewery

On 25 Jul 2013 at 8:28pm Harry wrote:
Leadership from Jimmy Page maybe. I can't imagine the deadwood in the cabinet had much to do with it though.

On 25 Jul 2013 at 8:41pm Belladonna wrote:
Um the concert itself was organised by Mumford management surely.
The council arranged the licensing and coordinated the relevant bodies - H and S , refuse, police etc.
Viva Lewes produced the town guide and the various pubs, groups, cages, venues put on their own entertainments.
The whole event was made possible by a large amount of people across the town, not just one man or council administration.
Anyone else think Marcus Mumford looks like David Cameron ?....

On 25 Jul 2013 at 9:10pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
Ah, but if it had all gone tits up, who would you have blamed? Answers on a postcard to.......

On 25 Jul 2013 at 9:13pm Local wrote:
Page pushed it through - even though loads of people were moaning about that on here (anti-democratic, etc etc) at the time...
On 25 Jul 2013 at 10:31pm Insomniac wrote:
Yes, how very very brave of a right wing council to promote a bunch of reactionary ex-public school boy dullards. Those pansies serving in Afghanistan could learn a thing or two from these brave, brave councillors, bravely risking our rates funds.
You want to give credit where its due? - England have only ever won the World Cup under a traditional Labour government.
On 26 Jul 2013 at 4:09pm Sleepy wrote:
Paul, you pressume that everyone thinks that the stopver was a good idea. I don't. It was a nightmare for me, whilst I don't deny that for some it was a fun packed jamboree at everyone else's expense. it adversely affected my business, and I got no sleep for two nights due to poorly thought through policing of the town in th early hours of the morning. Next time I would like to be asked, at the very least. And as the person above points out, taking a big risk with tax paers money is reckless, not brave, and hardly something to be admired.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 108:143
Queen clown

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams