Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Council incompetence

On 26 Jan 2017 at 8:47am Ruined verge wrote:
Would someone like to get off their comfy office chair and walk up to Barn Road to see the utter mess and destruction caused by Cleanglass vans and stupid parent parking????????
On 26 Jan 2017 at 10:44am Local wrote:
Or to the Priory, to see the mess made of the grass by whichever idiot was putting soil in the growing frames.
On 26 Jan 2017 at 12:08pm Jester wrote:
Christ! The way you are rattling on, anyone would think they'd driven through your garden!
On 26 Jan 2017 at 12:31pm Half witt wrote:
Or valence road where at cost to us taxpayers signs have been put up asking for no parking on verges , they still do , and mainly it's no
On 26 Jan 2017 at 12:59pm Queens road wrote:
Also lots of bad parking in Queens Road, no space for residents!
On 26 Jan 2017 at 1:24pm True incompetence wrote:
That's nothing...
Check this out.

Check it out here »
On 26 Jan 2017 at 3:06pm Loopyloo wrote:
Parking don't get me started you should see it in Hereward way police headquarters parking in our spaces blocking the road off so buses cannot get past cars parking on the grass because there is nowhere to park it's a nightmare where are the traffic wardens when you need them
On 26 Jan 2017 at 3:19pm Horseman7 wrote:
Unfortunately when the wardens do attend areas of police parking, Old Malling Way included, they tend to be 'selective' in their issuing of tickets. So you'll find the residents who have been pushed out of spaces near their homes are the ones who get nabbed.
On 26 Jan 2017 at 3:44pm @Horseman7 wrote:
I don't believe you for a second Horseman, complete and utter bull.
1. A traffic warden is not going to know all the cars that are owned by the police
2. All you have to do is take a video of the traffic warden "selectively" skipping cars and you have all the evidence needed to put a stop to it
On 26 Jan 2017 at 10:33pm Clifford wrote:
@Horseman7 wrote: '1. A traffic warden is not going to know all the cars that are owned by the police'

The police always leave a little signal so they're not bothered by traffic wardens. If you didn't know that, your Dad should have told you. In much the same way that when there were licensing hours it was a good idea to drink in pubs where coppers drank if you wanted a long afternoon session.
On 26 Jan 2017 at 11:09pm watcher wrote:
A side line - but I wish police cars wouldn't park opposite the police garage in Spital Road in the parking bays there. Have they no idea of the crisis in parking at the top end of town? They do after all have the provision of an enticing forecourt. Once - just once - I saw one being booked.
On 27 Jan 2017 at 7:34am Shawer wrote:
The problem with Valence Road should be resolved soon, plans are under way, Watch this space.
On 27 Jan 2017 at 8:13am Valence Road person wrote:
Oh good! I am so annoyed that people are still parking on the verges even after we had some lovely new trees planted...... The trees are such a nice investment in our road.
On 27 Jan 2017 at 12:29pm Plod wrote:
Clifford, pray tell me what the 'little signal' is, as they must have left that information out when I joined!
On 27 Jan 2017 at 1:47pm Are you sure, Shawer ? wrote:
And watcher, I find the Morris Road Garage forecourt more enticing, particularly as it's not in Morris Road. As for the little signal, it's well known among the Brotherhood and those on the square. Kind regards to you all.
On 27 Jan 2017 at 2:04pm anon wrote:
lewes council and east sussex county council are crooks,rip off britain.
On 27 Jan 2017 at 3:35pm @clifford wrote:
I am a policeman so I know you're living in a fantasy.
On 27 Jan 2017 at 3:49pm Clifford wrote:
@Clifford - Well, you would say that, wouldn't you?
On 27 Jan 2017 at 9:29pm Hopefully wrote:
Need some Traffic Regulation orders to be done... hope that's what you are referring to Shawer...
On 27 Jan 2017 at 10:01pm @@clifford wrote:
I am a psychologist so I know you are a bellend.

On 30 Jan 2017 at 10:43am Jeff wrote:
Could someone just video the parking wardens skipping the police vehicles so we can find out one way or another

On 30 Jan 2017 at 2:47pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Apart from the odd double-yellow, there are very few parking restrictions in Malling so even on the odd occasion the blue meanies head that way there's little enforcement to be done. I have a particularly old and battered car so when some idiot from the police station has parked so you struggle to fit a car through I just don't bother taking too much care not to hit them. There's one particular Lotus Elise which is often parked really badly in the Martlets, I'm surprised a bin lorry or bus hasn't just gone straight over it yet.

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Is that the Pope 47:143
Is that the Pope

Were the Borough Zulus blacking up last night? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde