Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Council Weed Man / The Pratt Who Shagged Me (Wall)

On 17 Oct 2008 at 7:22am Gary Headland wrote:
Woke up at 6 this morning to see a scene from 'Austin Powers' outside my house. The Council Weedkiller Man had manouvered his poisonous golf cart buggy thing between a lamppost and my wall. My wall had lost.
One lovely garden wall lying ruined in front of our 89 year old neighbour's front door, and a black bin's worth of rubbish strewn everywhere to boot.
Apparently he was last seen knocking pedestrians off the pavements of Malling hill. He's been seen by various witnesses. I want my wall back.
The police are coming to get you Weedkiller Man.

On 17 Oct 2008 at 7:28pm Weedkiller Man wrote:
Curses!
I thought I'd got a way with it.
Bloody nosey neighbours!

I never done the flint wall though, never even seen it, mind you I didn't see yours either Gazza!

On 17 Oct 2008 at 7:52pm Gary H wrote:
Well your boss rang me today with some bad news about your future. Here's hoping the job centre is open on Saturdays... haha!
Bloody Lewes wind-up merchants

On 22 Oct 2008 at 7:15pm Weedkiller Mans Boss wrote:
Sorry about the wall old chap...
I'll buy you a pint sometime Gaz..hope that covers it

On 28 Oct 2008 at 10:01am Gary H wrote:
If your wall ever gets knocked over by a deranged, motorized, remorseless - and, frankly, lost - weedkilling man, I know just the team to rebuild it.
Well done to Terry Smith and his gang of brickies from ESCC who've done a great job putting up our wall, even down to matching the old bricks with some nice old reclaimed ones. Even Mabel was happy.
I don't know why you lot are always moaning about the councils...

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

This does look like a nasty variant, and not just because of Boris Johnsons face above.

Had my 2nd jab relatively recently,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo