Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Congatulations

23
9
On 13 Dec 2019 at 10:48am Ferret wrote:
Well done those 3206 people who stood by Jeremy Corbyn in the Lewes constituency, knowing that their votes would almost certainly help Caulfield to get re-elected. I do hope you are enjoying the last moments of Corbynism, and that the next five years are to your liking.
14
14
On 13 Dec 2019 at 12:37pm Hamid Barr wrote:
The stamping of feet is deafening in Lewes this morning.
13
20
On 13 Dec 2019 at 12:58pm DfL_in_Lewes wrote:
The only political enjoyment to be had over the next few years will be the Labour Party / Momentum finding ways to blame everyone but themselves.
Of course, coming a close second will be watching the Tory party downgrade the promised 40 new hospitals, 30,000 more nurses, 20,000 more police officers and £7bn for education to be free blankets for people on floors in A&E, 2,000 more NHS managers, 50 special constables and a guarantee of at least one desk for every three pupils in state education.
17
10
On 13 Dec 2019 at 4:00pm RussianRuble wrote:
Congratulations indeed. Well done Boris. Epic win.
We wunt be druv.
6
7
On 13 Dec 2019 at 7:30pm Phfellow wrote:
Indeed Congratulations to Maria Caulfield but this would not have happened if Farage had not pulled out 'his' Brexit Candidate for Lewes. I expected that she would be back in her nurse's uniform by Christmas but Farage has given her a 5 year juicy monthly salary slip. I am OK with this provided she completely disengages with the despicable Rees- Mogg ERG shower and continues to do her best for the Constituency,
17
10
On 13 Dec 2019 at 9:07pm Sussex Jim wrote:
She does her best already, Phfellow. In addition to being a practically full-time MP, Maria Caulfield also still works part-time on night shifts as a nurse, in order to keep up with her qualifications and help the overstretched NHS.
Nigel Farage has done the sensible thing, by withdrawing his candidates from Conservative seats; knowing that they are the only party capable and inclined to see Brexit through. And it has paid off!
5
5
On 13 Dec 2019 at 10:12pm Phfellow wrote:
Yes but she still needs to completely disengage from the ERG mafia and state this publicly.
11
11
On 13 Dec 2019 at 11:14pm ar10642 wrote:
Does she? From where I'm standing they have been given absolute free reign to do whatever they want, including going back on all their "promises" in the campaign. Who's going to stop them? There is effectively no opposition now.
If you think Brexit is going to be "done" (whatever that's supposed to mean) inside five years you're going to be disappointed. It's all deception. And we've learnt today that deception is now rewarded en masse by the population so I think we probably deserve the hell we've created for ourselves.
12
12
On 14 Dec 2019 at 8:52am Mark wrote:
Well she is obliged to work 450 hours every 3 years. Otherwise, her registration will lapse and she loses the opportunity to play the "I'm one of the nurturing angels" card. If she had a genuine vocation to be a nurse she'ld be working as a nurse. It's just a string to her bow in her political career.
11
15
On 14 Dec 2019 at 9:17am Mark wrote:
We've had 10 years of cruel austerity. People dying on the streets. During this period national debt has more than doubled. Austerity was a spectacular failure and the economy continued to contract. Boris is aware that he's lying when he makes extravagant spending pledges - "because the hard work is done". Nothing that he has promised can happen. It's not possible. Maybe if he ended corporate tax evasion? However, he won't do that. He needs to have those companies on side to fund the next election victory. He has contempt for you and me. He's laughing all the way to his fat, do-nothing jobs as a non-executive director on the board's of some of those companies. The future is bleak.
6
9
On 14 Dec 2019 at 9:26am Hamid Barr wrote:
Is this thread an audition for Shahespeare?
7
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 10:04am Sleeveless wrote:
Mark, do you really believe everything you write?
7
7
On 14 Dec 2019 at 10:34am Hyena wrote:
I believe it.
7
6
On 14 Dec 2019 at 11:08am Mark wrote:
I'd appreciate it if you'd explain what in what I've isn't true??
3
6
On 14 Dec 2019 at 11:09am Mark wrote:
I've written rather
3
5
On 14 Dec 2019 at 11:47am Sleeveless wrote:
Mark, if that is what you believe, then it is true.
7
9
On 14 Dec 2019 at 12:36pm ar10642 wrote:
If get Brexit done means get the withdrawal agreement signed, that will happen. But that just gets us to the transition period. It's just the beginning. If nothing's worked out by the end of 2020 (which anyone who knows about trade says is an impossible timetable) it's no deal, but there aren't the numbers in parliament to stop it this time.
Expect savage cuts to public services and tax cuts for people on higher incomes.
Bleak times indeed. I guess you all run this country now, hope you like it.
3
5
On 14 Dec 2019 at 1:56pm Mark wrote:
Well, if you can't find anything in it that's untrue Sleeveless then I suppose that it's unchallenged...
5
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 2:31pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Where exactly are these people dying on the streets (aside from frequent knife and gun murders). Can you give us an example of someone killed on the streets by austerity?
6
5
On 14 Dec 2019 at 3:07pm Mark wrote:
Google "homeless deaths ONS"
6
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm Mark wrote:
And the increase in knife and gun murders. I forgot to mention that. That might be connected with the 20k cut in police numbers, perhaps?
9
5
On 14 Dec 2019 at 5:44pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Googled it as requested. Zero evidence of austerity killing people but a fair bit saying drug poisoning a big factor. Are you saying austerity makes people take drugs?
If not perhaps you can find me evidence of where austerity killed someone
6
9
On 14 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm Hamid Barr wrote:
The increase in knife and gun murders has everything to do with scumbags with total disregard for the law and zero morals who the authorities pussy foot around. Nothing to do with police numbers.
3
6
On 14 Dec 2019 at 5:58pm Hyena wrote:
Yeah flog em and lock them up. There’s no hope for you Hamid. Enjoy the next five years.
6
9
On 14 Dec 2019 at 6:12pm ar10642 wrote:
Question is, now you've got your far right utopia, who are you going to blame for all your problems? Foreigners or the "liberal elite"? Choices choices
3
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 6:28pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Where did I suggest that Hyena? Let's have your solution.
4
6
On 14 Dec 2019 at 6:31pm Hyena wrote:
What’s your alternative to pussy footing around?
8
9
On 14 Dec 2019 at 6:32pm Hamid Barr wrote:
@ar10642 you seem to have your knickers in a bit of a twist. Upset because the country voted in a Conservative government (which is a million miles from being far right so stop being so hysterical) rather than the far left Corbyn and gang?
3
7
On 14 Dec 2019 at 6:57pm Sleeveless wrote:
Mark, my earlier comment was about perception. If you perceive something to be that way, then to the perceiver, it is true. In a way, I think that is what happened to the Labour Party. Their manifesto was hugely popular with the membership and therefore they believed it was popular with the wider population. Trouble is, it wasn’t and to win elections you need to appeal to more than a minority.
8
9
On 14 Dec 2019 at 6:58pm ar10642 wrote:
I'm upset not that Corbyn lost. He deserved to lose. I'm upset because Boris won by so much. This is not just a Conservative government. This is a goverment with the likes of Rees Mogg and Priti Patel in it. It has become Brexit Party/Ukip, and now it has a free run to do whatever it wants. It represents everything I hate. The divide in this country will never be healed.
5
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 7:15pm Sleeveless wrote:
ar10642, so why did so many people in working class and deprived areas vote for Boris? Did they all accidentally tick the wrong box?
9
11
On 14 Dec 2019 at 7:18pm Hamid Barr wrote:
It represents the wishes of a majority of UK Voters. Look at the political map by colour. Nice of you to tell us how you hate us all.
Very spiteful of you about Jacob and Priti.
11
10
On 14 Dec 2019 at 7:26pm Hyena wrote:
The majority of the public voted for remain or 2nd referendum parties.
4
10
On 14 Dec 2019 at 7:29pm ar10642 wrote:
Well it's how I feel. I've had to endure three years of "will of the people" from your sort. Now you've got what you want. But you don't get to silence people.
As for what the northern "working class" (whatever that really means in 2019) want or think I don't know or care. Just like they don't care about us.
7
5
On 14 Dec 2019 at 8:11pm Sleeveless wrote:
ar10642, obviously you are devastated and that is understandable if you lose something that you believe in. However, you seem quite dismissive of the northern “working class” so I am intrigued......who are us?
9
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 8:26pm Hamid Barr wrote:
@Sleeveless you should know theres nothing the liberal sneering classes despise more than a toff except perhaps the working classes . One they dont like because for some reason they feel inferior and the other because they feel the common people are beneath them. You can sense the contempt from several on here.
5
8
On 14 Dec 2019 at 9:22pm Phfellow wrote:
To helpful, I am seeking to respond to this earlier post:
On Sat 14 Dec at 6:58pm from ar10642 wrote:
I'm upset not that Corbyn lost. He deserved to lose. I'm upset because Boris won by so much. This is not just a Conservative government. This is a government with the likes of Rees Mogg and Priti Patel in it. It has become Brexit Party/Ukip, and now it has a free run to do whatever it wants. It represents everything I hate. The divide in this country will never be healed.
Phfellow posted 24+ hours previously:
Indeed Congratulations to Maria Caulfield but this would not have happened if Farage had not pulled out 'his' Brexit Candidate for Lewes. I expected that she would be back in her nurse's uniform by Christmas but Farage has given her a 5 year juicy monthly salary slip. I am OK with this provided she completely disengages with the despicable Rees- Mogg ERG shower and continues to do her best for the Constituency,
My important underlying theme was that the Conservative Lewes MP for the next 5 years departs from her ultra right wing pursuits and association with the odious ERG mafia and begins to recognise that not all 'her' constituency sing from the same hymn sheet! Her reduced majority this week must have sent her this message.
8
8
On 15 Dec 2019 at 1:44am Sensible wrote:
Immediately the elected Prime Minister returned to Downing Street after Her Majesty invited him to form a government, he should have (by statutory instrument) withdrawn the BBC's licence to broadcast, dissolved its entire structure, and instructed the Army to pulverise all its premises, archives and supplies. We the people do not need outdated socialist censors to stand between us and those whom we have chosen as our government. I am fed up with hearing "analysis". Government is about doing the job, and Conservatives like us will no longer stand for "but" and "if" being asked by unqualified people. I say this to all so-called reporters: get elected, or shut up and leave. The best government for generations has been elected. I am watching whoever stands in its way.
6
7
On 15 Dec 2019 at 8:24am Mark wrote:
Well, yes Sleeveless. You're talking about cognitive dissonance and I take your point. But this election, or any election, wasn't fought on judgements made on careful study of the manifestos. It was all about Hamid Barr chortling in swivel-eyed, knuckle-dragging glee whilst looking at a photoshopped picture of Dianne Abbott's shoes.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Arched gateway 5:132
Arched gateway

Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Thank you BBC more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy