Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Competition for Bill's?

On 4 Aug 2008 at 9:32pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I've heard that the ex Volunteer Charity shop on Lansdown Place is to become a fruit and veg shop.

On 4 Aug 2008 at 9:35pm ?? wrote:
Is Bill having an extension then? Wouldn't suprise me!

On 4 Aug 2008 at 9:37pm BurntheDFLS wrote:
Does that mean Lansdowne Place will now be blocked by tables, chairs and DFL's, is any street safe from tables and middle class hippies?!

On 4 Aug 2008 at 9:45pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
There's already a fair smattering of wanna-be hippies in the area (it's close to the subtitled movies at the All Saints and Laportes). However, the pavement is very narrow and the road is operational so I doubt tables and chairs will be a problem.

On 4 Aug 2008 at 9:47pm juju wrote:
wow are we about to get a real green groccer where i can buy with out feeling i have just paid for the owners vacation to the Baharmas!

On 4 Aug 2008 at 10:36pm BONYAK wrote:
Tescos is much cheaper and I can park my car there

On 5 Aug 2008 at 9:36am BurntheDFLS wrote:
Cliffe High Street used to be 'operational' until all the tables and chairs and crap fruit stands got put in the street! Escc should do something about it!

On 5 Aug 2008 at 9:49am Smiler wrote:
I like the chairs and tables being there.
I think Age Concern should put a few trestle tables out and have a good old elbows out jumble sale.
The Outdoor Shop could have a little more integrity with its name and Percy's could open the door and let some air in.

On 5 Aug 2008 at 4:49pm Lewes Laugher wrote:
If anyone is interested, it is really easy to go on the East Sussex County Council website, go into the 'roads' section and make a complaint about the obstruction in Cliffe High Street.

On 5 Aug 2008 at 5:13pm George Doors wrote:
Apparently the Real Eating Compay (sic) chain is up for sale. Anyone know anything about this.

On 6 Aug 2008 at 11:19am Taff wrote:
The bloody road is blocked due to drainage renewal isnt it?
Cant blame the guy fot taking advantage of the situation.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Tiled House 86:132
Lewes Tiled House

Yes I’m really going to miss the ‘its Oh so wonderful and it’s only 600 quid’ advertising features … more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell