Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Come on you ROOKS

On 21 Jan 2018 at 11:51am Shameus wrote:
Lewes FC had 200 Rooks travel to Bromley yesterday to play top-of-the-table Cray Wanderers. We won 2-1 to regain top place, pushing Cray back to second place. If you go on to YouTube you can hear boss, Darren Freeman, thanking fans for helping get the boys over the line. If you haven't visited the Pan yet - why not? Next up is Saturday's visit of Walton Casuals; swell that gate!
On 21 Jan 2018 at 11:56am brighton till i die wrote:
well done the rooks
On 21 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm Rookie wrote:
I was there. What a day. What a game. Football as it should be. Proud of the Lewes boys.
On 21 Jan 2018 at 6:34pm Footballman wrote:
Dripping pan is a great place to watch football. Great views of the game, great views if the game isn't so good, you can watch from all round the ground, get a beer if you want and the football is pretty decent at the moment. If you have supported a team in the past that is now impractical to get to you can do a lot worse than watch the rooks.
On 21 Jan 2018 at 8:05pm Rooks Fan wrote:
I was there too. Brilliant day out supporting my local club filled with local lads.
Each to their own, but I will NOT line the pockets of the greedy premier league prima donnas. Sanchez wants 540k a week? And if he gets it Pogba wants the same. PAH! Pure greed and utterly immoral IMO.
Come on you Rooks!
On 22 Jan 2018 at 11:32am Load of old rubbish. wrote:
That is all
On 22 Jan 2018 at 4:32pm Clive wrote:
Watched Lewes over Christmas 11 to watch a standard no better than county league won't be going again
On 22 Jan 2018 at 7:27pm Rooks Fan wrote:
There is no such such thing as county league anymore. Anyway, good luck in your search for a satisfactory standard of football.
And to the previous poster, yes I agree. The Premiership IS a load of old rubbish.
On 22 Jan 2018 at 7:54pm Pan Season Ticket Holder wrote:
Great club. Great ground. Great ethos. Great fans. Love the place. Come on the Rooks!!!!!!!
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:10pm Local wrote:
Rooks fan - so what are the leagues called just below where Lewes have currently sunk down to, if not county leagues?
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm Rooks Fan wrote:
Southern Combination Football League.
Next......
On 23 Jan 2018 at 4:40pm Local wrote:
Almost exclusively comprising clubs from the same county. I think you're a bit of a pedant.
On 23 Jan 2018 at 5:42pm Rooks Fan wrote:
Absolutely not. The point is that anyone who is going to criticise my club needs to get their facts right to be taken seriously. The fact that they'll used the term County Leage says it all. It's like calling the Premier League Division One.
On 23 Jan 2018 at 6:53pm Kestrel wrote:
Really happy the club are having great season, but some fans want to shove it in everyone's face. Lewes have had strong fansbase for as long as iv'e known, they aren't a new club and don't need constant advertising. ..
On 24 Jan 2018 at 12:08am Local wrote:
To be taken seriously by you and other pedants, maybe. But you need to get real if you think that half a decent season at Level 8 makes one iota of difference to the vast majority of our town. You need to remember that only a tiny proportion of residents are Owners of the Club, despite the shopping discount bribe, which proves that you are in a substantial minority by giving a damn.
On 24 Jan 2018 at 12:49am Rooks Fan wrote:
Oh dear oh dear. I would think that local club supporters are in a tiny minority in every town and city across the country. Equally so their success is appreciated. So what? If a discussion on here gets one more person giving a damn then that's good all round. This is a Lewes forum so the local football club is a very valid discussion point. Much more so than most of the content and certainly a lot less repetitive, or in your face, than certain subjects.
Up the Rooks!

On 24 Jan 2018 at 8:58pm Kestrel wrote:
Typical lewes fan, smug and arugent !

On 24 Jan 2018 at 9:00pm Kestrel wrote:
Arrogant

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

Hello there everyone,
I'm new to this thread, and soon will be new(wish) to Lewes and was wondering if I could ask a question... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle