Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Cliffe Childcare Centre to Close

On 20 Oct 2012 at 9:10am Matt Kent wrote:
I heard from many sources yesterday that Cliffe Childcare Centre is to close. This is sad news. Sabrina and her team deliver a great service (my kids certainly loved being there), and I hope something can be resolved and this great service can be maintained for the many families that rely on this centre heavily.

On 20 Oct 2012 at 10:29am Pete wrote:
Why are they closing, are any details available ?

On 20 Oct 2012 at 10:37am Matt Kent wrote:
I believe there are issues with the building landlord, coupled with extortionate business rates. More financial pressure on an essential local business by the sounds of it.

On 20 Oct 2012 at 4:18pm No Pot Pourri wrote:
Maybe they could re-form as a charity / not for profit (I doubt that profits were significant in any case). Then they would not have to pay business rates.

On 21 Oct 2012 at 7:46am WhenandHow wrote:
Thats terrible news. Both my children went there and i was highly impressed with the staff and their childcare abilities. My children absolutely loved it there. Lets hope they manage to find a solution or maybe are able to relocate.

On 22 Oct 2012 at 4:49pm Luisa wrote:
Yes it is closing. Really really sad news. Our boy goes there, and has loved every minute of it. Sabrina and the team are all fantastic. I feel very sad, as I'm sure do many others. Id there is any way we can help I'd love to know

On 25 Oct 2012 at 8:03pm Michael Bell wrote:
Ours had fantastic time there - is there no way anyone in Lewes can help Sabrina? Come on you greedy landlords/rate collectors...

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station View 82:132
Lewes Station View

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine