Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Cleaner - Lewes

On 31 Oct 2010 at 10:52pm Busy Mum wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good domestic cleaner in the Lewes area? Thanks, BM

On 1 Nov 2010 at 8:43am Pedant wrote:
It'll probably be another 'busy mum'.
On 1 Nov 2010 at 10:34am popeye wrote:
Hi Busy Mum, Tescos sell some very good Domestic cleaners and they are in the Lewes area. Hope this helps.
On 1 Nov 2010 at 11:14am Rods Tiger wrote:
BM - There's an ad from Svetlana in the Free Ads section.
On 1 Nov 2010 at 1:15pm homesick wrote:
Don't get many 'busy dads' advertising for this. They have busy mums to do it for them.
On 1 Nov 2010 at 3:26pm Pedant wrote:
And the 'busy mums' with well-off husbands get 'busy mums' with poorer husbands to do their dirty work for them.
On 1 Nov 2010 at 4:15pm Rods Tiger wrote:
I had formed the impression that Svetlana, and others, were glad of the work. I was on the verge of getting 'someone in' a couple of days a week to help keep on top of things while I work but I'm having second thoughts now. Are you suggesting that hiring a cleaner is exploitative ?
On 1 Nov 2010 at 7:22pm mccauley wrote:
A Dad at my son's school is just setting up a local home cleaning co-operative, I'll try and get his details tomorrow for you?
On 1 Nov 2010 at 8:24pm Busy Mum wrote:
Thanks mccauley - that would be v helpful.
Love popeye's answer - I'd have been so disappointed if I'd had only sensible responses!
Got to go...
BM
On 2 Nov 2010 at 9:03am P MAG wrote:
Hi, check out Gaia Cleaning www.gaiacleaning.moonfruit.com a good local co-operative cleaning company
On 2 Nov 2010 at 11:27am homesick wrote:
I used to do cleaning work. Nothing wrong with it. I've done worse jobs. I've also employed cleaners. One of them was a 'busy mum' three were students and one owned the cleaning agency. Perhaps Pedant needs to stop being so judgemental. If you are in such a bad mood perhaps you need to get hubby to do his share of the cleaning. Or if you are the hubby, Pendant, I hope you do your share.
On 2 Nov 2010 at 11:29am mccauley wrote:
Busy Mum, P Mag/Gaia is the Dad I mentioned earlier.
On 1 Jul 2015 at 4:18pm Kate wrote:
The gender assumptions in Pedant's reply is shocking. People should consider busy mums may have well paying jobs and support their husbands, for example. Certainly I will be looking after the children, working and paying a cleaner in our house.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Endofthehouse - what is a 'dinlo gorger'? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy