Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Clause 119

On 11 Mar 2014 at 10:47pm Another Voter wrote:
Did Norman Baker vote to allow clause 119 (i.e. Governmental hospital closure power without public consultation)?

On 12 Mar 2014 at 7:49am drone wrote:
Baker voted with government on each division.

On 12 Mar 2014 at 7:59am Voter wrote:
I doubt many people voting for him in the last election would have thought he would now be behaving like this.
On 12 Mar 2014 at 11:16am TRIPLE HOP wrote:
The good news is that the Government have compromised on this even though this hasn't been properly reported. So Norman Baker hasn't voted to allow closures to happen without consultation. As the Guardian said today: "Clinical commissioning groups will have power to block attempts to use successful hospitals to resolve failures in others"; and extra consultation will have to take place with patients groups and local authorities.

On 12 Mar 2014 at 4:01pm Screaming J wrote:
As a Government Minister, if it was a 3 line whip he would have very little choice which way to vote unless he wanted to wave goodbye to the Ministerial limo, salary and other inducements. I'll leave it for others to comment on the appropriateness of his decision on this occasion......

On 13 Mar 2014 at 10:26am TRIPLE HOP wrote:
Looks like the Government have listened to concerns (which is a good thing is it not) so what he did was appropriate.

On 13 Mar 2014 at 8:21pm Another Voter wrote:
And the 1% pay rise for some NHS staff? Is that appropriate too?

On 14 Mar 2014 at 12:10am Innocent Bystander wrote:
Surely the point is that this legislation allows unprecedented interference from above in local health economies. What happened to "localism"? Presumably Norm hasn't signed up to that bit. The recent reorganisation has been pointless and destructive on a massive scale but even by their own standards of "localism" clause 119 shows the government has failed miserably in its fantasy that local people are being given a greater say in their local NHS. I shouldn't put any trust in the duty to consult - this has been shown time after time to be meaningless verbage!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Dray 41:132
Harveys Dray

I am fairly certain that a moment of reflection was organised for the lady from Landport. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle