Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Circa Fish

On 17 Oct 2008 at 12:43pm smeds wrote:
I note that the council have decided to take no further action re demolition of flint wall and 'appear not to have been built in accordance with the approved plans' The reason being 'Justification from officer'
Why does this not surprise me? Can anybody tell me wht 'Justification' is?

On 17 Oct 2008 at 12:49pm Smiler wrote:
Which flint wall are you talking about Smedders?
Is that Garys front garden wall that Weedkiller man demolished and then did a runner?

On 17 Oct 2008 at 1:37pm Taff wrote:
Just maybe justification is !

On 17 Oct 2008 at 2:26pm Gary H wrote:
If you need a wall taken down (or don't) I know a man who can do it cheap...!

On 17 Oct 2008 at 2:44pm Taff wrote:
what happened to my pound signs Mr Webmaster?

On 17 Oct 2008 at 11:22pm The Webmaster wrote:
Hi Taff
I have found all the missing pounds down the back of the sofa.
If anyone wants them they are £1 each :-)

On 17 Oct 2008 at 11:30pm Sashka wrote:
The reason why the council wouldn't dare criticise this breach of planning in a sensitive Conservation Area, is not just because they are ignorant, insensitive, amateurs, but because they have done exactly the same things themselves to a listed wall in east st car park.
Just go take a look. A half demolished wall, partially rebuilt without permission, with all the original Georgian bricks carted away in a skip. and over a year later, still no re-build/ permission, or parking spaces. Officer incompetence, as managed by one Mr L Frost, Director of Planning. If this was going on anywhere else, a Councillor would have intervened, and made it clear that this was not good enough. Seems our Councillors don't have minds of their own.

On 20 Oct 2008 at 9:24am Taff wrote:
Thanks for that Mr Webmaster. At least I now know they will be put to better use than the Council having them.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes inferno 69:132
Lewes inferno

There is not so much of a housing shortage; more a case of not enough households for preferred lifestyles. In the past, single... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams