Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Christmas lights

On 29 Nov 2013 at 12:37am Dave wrote:
Really looking coward to Lewes being lit up for Late night shopping next Thursday.
I just can't wait to see how paltry the illuminations will be.
Or has the chamber of commerce actually pulled its finger out this year.
On 29 Nov 2013 at 7:21am kitty cat wrote:
I would not hold your breath dave. Trust Lewes to be last with their 'Decorations'.

On 29 Nov 2013 at 8:26am Bungle wrote:
Have a read of this, and see if you want to help maybe? I don't. But then I don't moan about it either.

Check it out here »
On 29 Nov 2013 at 9:32am Dave wrote:
I see Councillor Price has a category on his blog entitled 'Fireworks Night' !!
When's that then?
On 29 Nov 2013 at 9:47am 07792 296422 wrote:
Is the parking going to be free?
On 29 Nov 2013 at 10:27am Belladonna wrote:
Well it sounds like a lack of political will on the part of ESCC has scuppered the lights throughout the years. Seems like Lewes has been 'druv'
On 29 Nov 2013 at 2:12pm Border Control wrote:
Ain't life a bitch Ashley Price ? Can't organise Xmas lights, can't run a country !
On 29 Nov 2013 at 4:22pm Little Stevie wrote:
All Councillor Price's web page gives us is a comprehensive overview of the fact that councillors have habit of blaming everyone else for anything we don't like, whilst taking credit for everything we do like. Lets see something done Ashley, then you can be applauded, not before.
On 29 Nov 2013 at 4:32pm Rods Tiger wrote:
Many thanks to Councillor Price for taking the time and trouble to find out the situation with regard to the Christmas lights and explaining it in a clear and concise manner.
On 29 Nov 2013 at 10:29pm Frank wrote:
Mr price is a drip
On 30 Nov 2013 at 8:40am More Excuses wrote:
With the revenue this retched parking scheme generates surely its not asking too much that the council make the town centre attractive to shoppers or is it not their 'duty' to encourage people in to town?!....easier to give pathetic excuses. Grow a pair LDC & take the lights responsibilty away from Chamber & fight ESCC for what is rightly expected. Lewes should not be an embarrassment at Christmas, had enough excuses
On 30 Nov 2013 at 10:29am Tipex wrote:
The council aren't prioritising Christmas lights because they have NO money. Given how utterly strapped they are personally I'd be disappointed if they spent a packet on lights given the dozens of more pressing needs there are in East Sussex at the moment.
On 30 Nov 2013 at 10:41am Spanish wrote:
I too get fed up with people moaning about escc who have massive responsibilities and need to prioritise. I don't see too many people offering to pay more council tax.

On 30 Nov 2013 at 4:16pm Tobnac wrote:
Well I've got a good idea about lights for fisher street. It shouldn't cost too much money and would look really good. Who do I talk to?

On 30 Nov 2013 at 10:21pm Guise wrote:
I don't know. Who do you talk to?

On 1 Dec 2013 at 9:48am More excuses wrote:
Tipex have you not seen how much the wage bill is at LDC & ESCC, look it up & see those 100k+ salaries! No money, don't believe that nonsense

On 1 Dec 2013 at 11:24am Belladonna wrote:
There are bigger local authorities with far more pressing social concerns that manage to provide Xmas lights each year, and surmount the numerous architectural and traffic related problems. It's not just an economic exercise, it's also desirable from a physcogical, emotional and social viewpoint in giving a sense of community and pride in the town. I think the bonfire societies should organise it, then it would happen and probably be stunning and original with it.

On 1 Dec 2013 at 11:37am Fawkes wrote:
Bonfire for everything !!!
On 1 Dec 2013 at 11:42am The Kronic wrote:
Pop over to Uckfield and have a look at their lights. Makes ours look pathetic.

On 1 Dec 2013 at 7:45pm Pearliegirliestar wrote:
I was just thinking the same Kronic, I passed through on a weekly trip last Monday...very pretty.

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Ann of Cleves 2:132
Ann of Cleves

Possibly calling them may have answered your question more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine