Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Chinese nuclear power stations.

On 21 Oct 2015 at 6:36pm Insane Tories wrote:
Embarrassed, embarrassed,embarrassed.They should be as Camerot and Osbot give away the the keys to the Chinese fifth Column`s expensive white elephant and possible nuclear bomb on the Somerset coast.We will pay dearly for this in more than one way believe me.

Check it out here »
On 21 Oct 2015 at 6:50pm Fire Sale wrote:
Yep totally insane!

Check it out here »
On 21 Oct 2015 at 7:49pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The fact is that we are soon to run out of electrical generating capacity due to successive governments of all colours failing to invest in the industry; and non-renewal of both fossil fuel or nuclear power stations. If those of you who remember the "three day week" think that was bad- you ain't seen nothing yet!
Back in 1987 we in the south-east were very close to having all domestic telephones cut off; due to the Great Storm brining down power lines in rural areas. A lack of generating capacity could have the same effect.
I know these things by private comments made by those in industry; both working and retired. But I have also read articles in current trade magazines that suggest that the real reasons for the delay in further railway electrification are due to unreliable generating capacity. Years of protesting about furthering our nuclear power industry, and the decline of coal-fired power stations are now taking their toll.
We need help, if the lights are not to go out.
On 21 Oct 2015 at 7:51pm Mavis wrote:
If we don't know what's in our cars, heavens knows what will be in a nuclear power station !!
On 21 Oct 2015 at 8:05pm Norton Norm wrote:
Petrol/diesel in our cars- nuclear fuel in the reactors. Do we still reprocess other peoples nuclear waste @ Sellafield? Must have some spare capacity there for China's waste.

On 22 Oct 2015 at 8:22am Paul wrote:
Sussex Jim - this station won't solve these problems as it will take many years to build and the technology being used is unproven - similar ones in France and Finland are years behind schedule and massively over budget. This is the worst financial deal I have seen a govt make - guaranteeing an expensive over subsidised price until 2050 and taking responsibility for clearing up the waste - crazy. It also effectively nationalises it - but for the French and Chinese governments! Terrible deal.

On 22 Oct 2015 at 11:02am Mavis wrote:
Duh i was talking software not fuel !!

On 22 Oct 2015 at 12:21pm Norton Norm wrote:
No software on my bike. The seat is like riding my old mum's ironing board, Gawd rest her. Joking aside I'll bet we do end up reprocessing China's spent fuel and storing it underground. Then we'll be fracking too. Not sure what bearing software has on a nuclear reactor, but I think the Russians still use thermionic valves in some equipment because it's virtually nuclear proof. Paul, I meant taking spent fuel from China as well as "our" own. As you say, a disaster.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 68:132
Lewes Ice Cream

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde