Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Chilli Schnaps

On 9 Sep 2009 at 6:26pm Mr Peabody wrote:
Hello. We got an awful lot of home grown chillies and thought about making my own Chilli Schnaps :| Where can I get the alcohol for this in Lewes without getting the wrong poisonous kind? Any tipps for (Chilli) Schnaps making?

On 9 Sep 2009 at 6:28pm Keeley wrote:
Schnapps as in the drink?? Wow didn't know you could have a chilli variety

On 9 Sep 2009 at 7:19pm NCG wrote:
WOW, what a great idea! i love spicy foods, i really should try to do this, too. wondering if you could just use a bottle of vodka? B-)

On 9 Sep 2009 at 9:56pm Hot Hot Hot wrote:
Not sure about Schnaps but I know chilli works well in Vodka.

On 9 Sep 2009 at 10:35pm Lopster wrote:
Watch out for the Fallen Angel brewery at the Farmers market - they do at least two chilli ales - one more of a lager really - both excellent - but beware they are bottle conditioned so you need to know what you are doing when you open them - happy drinking

PS They have a range of about 12 beers at any one time ALL bottle conditioned ALL excellent - I have never had a bad bee from them - Battle way I believe - some very sexy labels too (believe it or not)

On 9 Sep 2009 at 11:00pm Mr Peabody wrote:
Chili Schnaps.. evil green in colour from deadly hot green chilies. Hope to get it just right - like the home made one (secret recipe ) I drank recently. Down, followed by hot flashes and 30 minutes of P A I N . Must try the Chili beer, thanks for the tip Lopster. So, where do I get the alcohol for the Schnaps? Heard about the Vodka option but I'm not too much of a Vodka friend.

On 10 Sep 2009 at 3:05pm Ed Can Do wrote:
You can get the Fallen Angel chilli beer (Called Black Death I believe) from the chilli shop in Brighton Marina, along with a huge range of other chilli-related products. The beer is a fantastic hangover cure.

On 16 Sep 2009 at 1:21pm SG wrote:
Using a spirit is probably the best way to go about it. If not, it's a bit more than just "adding" alcohol. You could ferment/distill the chillis & juices, there are tons of online brewing/fermenting/distilling tutorials you could look up.
Have fun!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 66:143
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT