Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Child Fares

On 14 Mar 2017 at 11:06am The Greek wrote:
Now kids are expected to stay in education or training until 18, does it not seem unfair that adult fares are still set at 16? Arguably there is no option to have the capacity to earn a full wage at that age any more.
On 14 Mar 2017 at 11:32am Sigh wrote:
Do you really have nothing better to do with your life ?
On 14 Mar 2017 at 11:55am Pedro wrote:
@sigh, if only all our lives could be as resentment-free and fulfilling as yours.

On 14 Mar 2017 at 11:56am Good Ole Days wrote:
Clearly not. Or his mate P edro.

On 14 Mar 2017 at 11:57am Deja Vu wrote:
They do a thing called a student travel card...

On 14 Mar 2017 at 12:13pm The Greek wrote:
This isn't really politics... just a question.

Some operators do offer travel cards or you can purchase a rail card (no use at peak time though) but there isn't a coherent nationwide scheme that I know of?

On 14 Mar 2017 at 12:14pm Mr Pedro wrote:
@sigh, if only all your lives could be as smug and self-opinionated as mine.

On 14 Mar 2017 at 12:20pm Deja Vu wrote:
You just show them a Student ID card and you get a discount yes I believe this is accepted nationally.

On 14 Mar 2017 at 12:26pm The Greek wrote:
I was only a student a couple of years ago and I don't remember seeing anything of the sort. Some operators would offer discounts or discounted weekly or monthly passes but it depended where you were.

Just came to mind earlier as now kids are having to stay in education longer and probably getting shafted on fares in the process. Unless the govt offers free transport up til 18 now? I had to pay when I went voluntarily, albeit at a slightly reduced rate but this was ESCC's doing.

On 14 Mar 2017 at 1:12pm Will Elliott wrote:
If we are talking bus fares here, then B&H only offer child fares up to the age of 13. 14 year olds and older pay the full adult fare unless they have a Bus ID card - link below. Pretty shocking...

Check it out here »
On 14 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm Deja Vu wrote:
@Will, it's a little hassle to do, but students get a discount...

Check it out here »

On 14 Mar 2017 at 5:02pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think it's bonkers that someone who isn't old enough to work full-time has to pay full fare, unless they have proof of being a student.
I think the level of fares is bonkers as well, though.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:132
Castle view

is it me or is it more expensive in the south then the north ,go on ebay or any thing u fancy buying, and the southern people... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington