Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Check your bank statements.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 10:52pm Regular. wrote:
Spoke to a friend today and she told me that her credit card had been cloned in Lewes.
She used the hole in the wall in the lobby at Barclays (Opposite St Michaels Church )
a couple of weeks back and transactions tracked afterwards revealed a shopping spree in Brighton mounting up to £1,700...(Which has been covered)
She wasn't in Brighton that day...Restaurants,Sports shops etc were used.
This was one of those 'false fronts' attatched to the front of the machine that I always check for (as my son was duped a while back)
If you have used this machine recently check your statements.

On 25 Sep 2010 at 7:53am me wrote:
Mine got cloned at Lloyds in the precinct last year. :-( don't waste your time with the "barclays fraud line". It's an indian call centre and they just read from a script. Walk into your bank, throw a wobbler and demand to talk to an English call centre. Result being, Indian call centre after 30mins of trying to understand the bloke, it was decided I was in fact the fraudster because i couldn't tell him purchase number 4 on my statement. My statements were being sent to the fraudsters address in Manchester, which i had been repeatedly telling the fool. English call centre, 5mins talking, fraudulent transactions noted, card cancelled, correct address reinstated, apology from very helpfull lady on the end of the phone! Indian call centres = as much use as a comb to a bald bloke.

On 25 Sep 2010 at 2:53pm Bloke wrote:
it's Lloyd's in the lobby opposite St. Michaels, not Barclays.

On 25 Sep 2010 at 6:05pm Pedant wrote:
Yes I wondered about that Bloke. Do people use their credit cards in hole in the wall machines very often?

On 27 Sep 2010 at 7:57pm Peter Byron wrote:
Good luck to anyone who wishes to clone my bank account, please feel free my friend! Best to my dear Lewes pals, Peter

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

To be fair, I think Dominic Cummings staying put is actually doing the Labour party a favour. He's manipulated people to become... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy