Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Chandlers land - another developer has a go

On 3 Jul 2011 at 2:13pm Dave wrote:
It seems another developer, Alfred Homes have bought the old Chandler builders merchants site next top the river and are going to "develop superb homes of exceptional distinction to blend with the local environment."

There is to be a presentation of the scheme on Friday 15th July at the site
Hanover House
Timberyard Lane
BN7 2AN

All views are welcome apparently

Check it out here »

On 3 Jul 2011 at 5:36pm Clifford wrote:
Flood plain?

On 4 Jul 2011 at 1:13am IMEYOU wrote:
exactly !

On 4 Jul 2011 at 8:27am Vesbod wrote:
Yes, but DFLs will buy them and they have wellies surely ?

On 4 Jul 2011 at 1:54pm prufrock wrote:
Looks like they have got Prince Charles acting as their 'architect' if their other developments are any guide. Dreadful toy town Georgian executive boxes. Usual hyperbole: 'stunning' this and 'magnificent' that. I am very happy for development in Lewes and I understand it has to be on a commercial footing but this stuff belongs elsewhere.

On 4 Jul 2011 at 2:33pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Vesbod,wellies maybe but,insurance? Big fat no if anyone is daft enough to think of buying here.

On 4 Jul 2011 at 3:47pm Clifford wrote:
What's the insurance position now down South Street? Houses seems to be changing hands down there like there's no tomorrow.

On 4 Jul 2011 at 3:57pm Taff wrote:
Check out what Oalkeys are advertisinf for the field on the right going up towards the Police HQ. It actually states 'no affordable dwellings'

On 4 Jul 2011 at 4:06pm bastian wrote:
I've never seen a georgian house on stilts before..that could be amusing.If they aren't then they are going to have to issue life boats with the houses.

On 4 Jul 2011 at 5:40pm Jan wrote:
Clifford - I think you'll find its just a few houses in South Street that are constantly up for sale, don"t know why especially that one opposite the chip shop. As for the development hope its a bit better than the flats built on the gas works (and they won an award for that pile ****).

On 4 Jul 2011 at 6:18pm LTLR wrote:
The Land at the bottom of Mayhew Way does not have any planning permisson,
it expired in 2009.

On 5 Jul 2011 at 9:42am Ed Can Do wrote:
The Mayhew Way plot is also a massive sponge that stops the bottom of Malling from flooding every time there's a light shower. If you think people moving onto the Chandlers site are going to need wellies, anyone living in that field should it ever get developed are going to need scuba gear.

On 5 Jul 2011 at 11:22am kitty cat wrote:
Jan. whats wrong with the flats on the old gas works ? Are there not houses there as well ?

On 5 Jul 2011 at 1:31pm Jan wrote:
Kitty cat - if you take a walk down Morris Road you will see how they overshadow the houses down there. Or view them from the Riverside. There nothing wrong with them in the right place, but where they are they are too large and look out of place.
So why would an architect win an award for that ? There is no excuse for ugly buildings.

On 6 Jul 2011 at 9:56am zero cool wrote:
I happen to live in the UGLY buildings on the Gas works. There is nowt wrong with them except when people come round behind my flat and gawp at the peasants and stare straight into my flat. I hope you are not one of the afore mentioned people.

On 6 Jul 2011 at 9:58am kitty cat wrote:
I don't think that they are that bad compared to the ones at the beginning of Timberyard Lane or the ones behind the boat yard.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 123:132
The Swan penny

any keyring? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington