Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Celebrating Local Women

On 27 Feb 2017 at 2:32pm Belinda Chapman wrote:
We are looking for nominations for a woman that has made a difference in your life. This is for a grand celebration on 29th April in Ringmer. Ten local artists, dancers, storytellers, painters, musicians, actors, potters, will be matched with the nominated women and will use their artistry to tell their story. If you have an idea for someone, she could be an historical figure, your next door neighbour, your grandmother, even a child, please do get in touch. This is supported by the Lewes Branch of the Labour Party. email Belinda on belinda17labour@gmail.com
On 27 Feb 2017 at 2:54pm Avin a laff. wrote:
Maria Caulfield?
On 27 Feb 2017 at 2:55pm Bert wrote:
Will you be celebrating local men at any time soon or are you just plain sexist?
On 27 Feb 2017 at 3:09pm Katie Price wrote:
Don't forget me. I have been a brilliant role model to so many people.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 3:33pm Clifford wrote:
Bert, when you watch a football match do you complain because they're not using snooker cues?
On 27 Feb 2017 at 3:44pm Belinda Chapman wrote:
Thankyou for all your lovely replies, keep them coming. Lot's have emailed me with great ideas and positivity.
Bert, we aren't planning one at the moment but I'm sure you'll be able to organise one yourself.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 4:47pm @Belinda Chapman wrote:
Predictable Labour lady response - do you take your cue from Harriet Harperson?
When was it that Lewes last elected as Labour MP?
Just asking
Regards
Bert
On 27 Feb 2017 at 4:59pm respectful wrote:
Sounds like a great idea to me. There are many unsung women doing wonderful work in Lewes and just quietly getting on with it. It could be a carer,
a terrific mum, a teacher, or teaching assistant...... anyone who goes that extra mile and doesn't advertise the fact.

On 27 Feb 2017 at 5:21pm anne wrote:
Don't take any notice of the trolls Belinda - they're trying to feast on fresh meat. It's nice to hear about something that's on the side of acknowledging the good in people for a change.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 5:40pm Pedro wrote:
@@pedro. Your over-use of the word "pontificate" betrays your disguise methinks. Troll.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 5:47pm Billy Bull wrote:
Gina Miller. Or would someone who fought against Brexit and represented the 48% be against Labour values?

On 27 Feb 2017 at 5:53pm Clifford wrote:
Thankyou Bert. Good to hear you're a regular reader. You will certainly end up better informed.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 7:58pm and thats a fact wrote:
I would love to nominate my wife, she made me the most happy man in the world. She Left me
On 28 Feb 2017 at 11:55am Belinda Chapman wrote:
Thankyou for all your positivity everyone. I've had some wonderful emails, it's good to hear that we have good, kind people in our community. And at the end of the day that's all that matters and keeps us strong.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 8:47pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Let workers thrive, and shirkers fear: we'll keep the blue flag flying here!
Sorry, Belinda, you are about a hundred years out of date.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 9:15pm Clifford wrote:
Oh dear, Jim. you just don't see the irony in what you're saying, do you?

On 28 Feb 2017 at 9:30pm Old woman wrote:
I vote for my old ma....mutton geoff now sadly

On 1 Mar 2017 at 8:53am Cam wrote:
Belinda... I appreciate you doing this sort of thing. Some of this dribbling bile shows why women need to have a greater public presence.

On 1 Mar 2017 at 1:38pm Belinda Chapman wrote:
I've had overwhelming response to this and I think it's going to be so much bigger and bolder than I ever imagined, so to give the occasion the time and energy it deserves, I'm postponing it until later in the year. I've kept all the names that were forwarded and will be in touch with everyone who emailed me. I thank you for this fabulous response.
Women, we are strong, let's celebrate!

On 1 Mar 2017 at 9:40pm Old biddy wrote:
Fabulous...but i have to go now and make my old mans dinner, then clean the floors, and do his ironing, and chop some logs and mend the roof.
On 4 Mar 2017 at 2:44pm Mutton Jeff ? wrote:
or brown bread ? Genuinely sorry if the latter.

On 10 Mar 2017 at 10:34am RoseSchulz wrote:
We all have to celebrate our fellow women for unsung support of their own country. I'm wishing you all a belated women's day which was a few days back.

Check it out here »

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffes Cliff 26:143
Cliffes Cliff

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde
Brighton Jobs