Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Caulffield`s Ironic 52%

On 3 Mar 2017 at 6:18am Newms wrote:
Our appalling MP feels that ,“Although 52% voted to Remain, fewer than 2,500 votes prevented my constituency of Lewes from being Leave. To suggest that 2,500 votes is the difference between an MP being at odds with one’s constituents, and an MP being a champion of their constituency’s principles is a shallow argument……”
She goes on to stress the rights of minorities in a democratic system …….Ha bitter ha !
Only 52% eh!!!!Pity that 48% of the countryare being trampled underfoot while ethnic cleansing is prioritised over jobs, taxation growth and public services then.

On 3 Mar 2017 at 8:25am Lord Snooty wrote:
Go away you boring little man.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 8:26am !!!!! wrote:
*yawn*
Can we all help find Newms toys and put them back in his pram please..
On 3 Mar 2017 at 8:35am Always Rivalled, Seldom Equalled wrote:
I thought there were more than 2500 DFL's in Lewes
On 3 Mar 2017 at 8:45am John Stockdale wrote:
What's sauce for the goose ... If Maria had achieved 2500 votes less in 2015, Norman Baker would still be the MP for Lewes - and with a slightly larger majority!
On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:03am Tim wrote:
Norman is plotting something. Not sure what, but he is plotting something.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:30am The Greek wrote:
The most blood boiling thing was when newsreaders and Tory ministers were denouncing the Aslef strike ballot as invalid because it had a turn out of around 70% with 52% voting to strike... now why do those figures sound familiar?!
On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:47am Observer wrote:
Only 38% of Lewes consituents voted for Maria, so it's hardly as if she's representative of anyone.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:50am Old lewes wrote:
The forum was a pleasant place to be yesterday and the day before.....I wonder why?
On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:57am Old numbers wrote:
@observer. She is representative of at least 38% you half wit. Which is a lot more than the other candidates got. Sore loser. Get used to the tories as they will be in power for years to come
On 3 Mar 2017 at 10:18am Observer wrote:
She is representative of at least 38% you half wit
You're the half wit mate. I'ts less than 38%, actually about 27%, as not everyone turns out.
I accept having a Tory MP and agree we'll have a Tory government for most of the rest of my lifetime, thanks to the ineptness of Corbyn and unwordliness of his fan base.
But when she starts talking about 2,500 more people in the constituency voting to remain she's on thin ground, seeing only about 1,000 more voted for her than Norman - and far more people didn't vote for her than did.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 10:34am !! wrote:
FFS it isn't just Lewes, the constituency covers more than just the town!
"storming Norman" and the lib dems were soundly beaten at the general election and tbh we needed a change which undoubtedly upset the Norman worshippers. He lost -get over it.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 11:01am the Old Mayor wrote:
Observer You can hardly protect those that didn't even turn out !!!! They were obviously prepared to go with the majority, unlike you !!
On 3 Mar 2017 at 12:28pm Change wrote:
She won't get in if the proposed boundary changes go through......
On 3 Mar 2017 at 1:26pm Normans Wisdom wrote:
Yes. Norman lost. Soundly beaten too.
But I would bet my shirt that there are more than her majority of idiots out there who now regret voting for the useless Tory freeloader and would rather Norman was back.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 1:30pm Observer wrote:
In what world is a 1,000-vote majority "soundly beaten"? If it were 5,000, 10,000, 15,000 votes - and there are MPs with that sort of majority - yes, it would be "soundly beaten".
"They were obviously prepared to go with the majority, unlike you !!"
But the majority of voters did not vote for Maria Caulfield. I'd suggest you choose your words more carefully.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 1:34pm Blah wrote:
If you think Norman was "soundly beaten" with a margin of 1,000 I would love to hear how you would describe Nusrat Ghani's victory in Wealden by a majority of almost 23,000 and a share of the vote of 57%, as opposed to Caulfield's barely more than a third.
"You can hardly protect those that didn't even turn out !!!! They were obviously prepared to go with the majority, unlike you !!"
But the majority didn't vote for Caulfield, did they?
On 3 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm Old bores wrote:
There is nothing more boring than party political tit for tat arguing. This thread being a classic example. It's pathetic and why most people can't stand politics or politicians.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 3:48pm Erm.. wrote:
Just because you don't like it, don't think you represent 'most people'

On 3 Mar 2017 at 4:03pm Old bores wrote:
I think the turn out at most elections says it all.

On 3 Mar 2017 at 4:06pm Old quote wrote:
“The typical citizen drops down to a lower level of mental performance as soon as he enters the political field. He argues and analyzes in a way which he would readily recognize as infantile within the sphere of his real interests. He becomes primitive again.”
Joseph Schumpeter
On 3 Mar 2017 at 4:30pm Earl of Lewesss wrote:
Webbo has introduced measures to limit the number of political posts and restore the forum to its initial purpose, but rather than abide by the new rules, Paul Newman has sneakily got past the blocks and is off ranting again. He seems to suffer from some form of compulsion, as he's just repeating the same points over and over again. It's utterly pointless. Just give it a rest, please.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:54pm Nun wrote:
How do you dump a plonker like Maria?
On 3 Mar 2017 at 10:01pm Tom Pain wrote:
The newmbot will continue to function as long as there is electricity. It is programmed to cause dissent and division and distraction. With your attention focused on voting percentages the 0.001% who own 99%of the world are busy clawing in that last 1%. Can you blame them for thinking we are a tad on the dense side and that the world is overpopulated?

On 4 Mar 2017 at 2:30pm Dickie Pickles wrote:
I've got my onions ready for pickling.
On 4 Mar 2017 at 7:29pm Pedro wrote:
If you consider newms as some sort of troll, then why would anyone consider feeding it and responding in the first place? Surely just let a dying topic/thread just fizzle out naturally and people will just move on. Even newms.

11 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

rye bonfire badge 103:132
rye bonfire badge

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine