Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Cattery space for Christmas?

On 27 Nov 2015 at 1:51pm Kristin wrote:
It's the first time I've planned to be away more than a couple of days at Christmas. So, can anyone recommend a good boarding cattery in the area? I've already been told about Dart Vale, but it's booked up. Thank you.
On 27 Nov 2015 at 5:20pm Bongo wrote:
Lewes District Council may be able to supply a list of catteries in the area. They issue licences, so they must have a list available.
On 27 Nov 2015 at 8:31pm Mavis wrote:
LDC won't advertise licensees, just Google it. Duh !
On 28 Nov 2015 at 7:02am Kristin wrote:
You think I haven't already "Googled" it?! It was a recommendation I was after. You can't tell whether they're good, bad, or full of cat flu from a list...
On 28 Nov 2015 at 7:31am Doris wrote:
Kristin have you tried the RSPDA they have boarding for cats and dogs, We take our dog there.
On 28 Nov 2015 at 7:03pm Mavis wrote:
Kristin, would you ever stick a notice up in a phone box asking for reliable recommendations ? Well, this is the same thing, I'm afraid !

On 29 Nov 2015 at 12:22am K wrote:
Likening a forum to sticking up notice in a phone box is most bizarre. I can only conclude that you are above 40 and don't use the internet much.
If you could get a fairly instant, and general, response from a phone box, then I'm sure we would all be doing it.
Kristin, we used to take our cat to Halls Cross in Hooe, I know it's not exactly down the road, but the owner was really sweet, and our fussy cat seemed quite happy there. Marshfoot in Hailsham, is also quite amazing, but they may not have space. They have the most beautiful garden and setting, I wouldn't mind going there myself for the week! Hah

On 29 Nov 2015 at 12:33pm fifi wrote:
Have you thought of having a pet sitter so that your cat can stay at home ? I have an excellent pet sitter who is also a veterinary nurse - I would imagine that the fees are probably similar ? The city cat shelter at Coldean take cats for boarding and Raystede might too ?

On 30 Nov 2015 at 1:58pm Smudge wrote:
I'd worry too much if I had to leave my cats in the care of the RSPCA. One sneeze or cough from either of of them, or a dribble of yuck from one of my cats chronic eye condition, and all three would probably be euthanised!

On 30 Nov 2015 at 6:07pm Kristin wrote:
Thank you for the recommendations. I've made a few calls and will hear back shortly. I hadn't thought of a pet sitter, but if you recommend yours Fifi, would you be able to give me contact details?

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Infernal reflections 46:132
Infernal reflections

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare