Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Cars inconsiderately parked on Fisher Street

On 6 Apr 2013 at 8:16pm Scratcha Key wrote:
One thing which is really p*ssing me off is the cars that are often parked at the north end of Fisher Street whilst their owners pick up takeaways.
Many of them park so far on the pavement that I can't get a pushchair through - and even when I don't have one, sometimes I can't get through unless I turn sideways and shuffle through that way. These people could easily leave their cars in the West Street car park which is free after 6pm and 30 seconds walk around the corner.
What can be done about this? Can I take a picture and send to the council? Happy to do that,
Next time I have to squeeze through because of an inconsiderately parked car, as I walk I will allow my key to decorate the paintwork.
On 6 Apr 2013 at 9:25pm the old mayor wrote:
You wait till the 'Boutique Hotel' opens there ! Taxis and Guests just 'dropping'
off themselves and luggage. Getting out opening the boot, having to pay off the cab, faffing about with money, change, tip, hats blowing away, even babies in push chairs being got out of vehicles, (you may sympathize here !) Taking them into the lobby, getting directions as to where to really park up, maybe getting change for the car park machine, there may be a queue at the reception desk, oh dear. You're bored reading this ? Traffic backed up right down station street, along the high street past the courts !! You saw it here first !!

On 6 Apr 2013 at 10:22pm boggles wrote:
Sorry to contradict you Old Mayor, but a new planning application is currently in for what would have been the boutique hotel. The app is for conversion in to flats.
On 6 Apr 2013 at 10:43pm the old mayor wrote:
Much more practical, but a dirty road to live on. Hey Ho !!
On 7 Apr 2013 at 9:42am Townie wrote:
Surely it's really not that hard to cross the 5 yards to the other pavement. There's been many a time ive gone for a Chinese or fish n chips and the car park has been full...it's pretty popular on a friday or saturday night, leaving no option than to park half on the pavement.
Mountains and molehills spring to mind !!!!!
On 7 Apr 2013 at 9:47am Clifford wrote:
Towne - Yes, you're right. It's competely unreasonable of a person with a pushchair to expect to walk on the pavement. I mean, what do they think pavements are for?
On 7 Apr 2013 at 10:10am Sussex Jim wrote:
Simply park in Mount Place opposite the Lewes Arms, against the wall but avoiding the rear doors of the properties in Fisher Street, and then walk through the passage by the fish shop. Or,park outside the LDC office next to the Lamb. Either positions are off the pavement and still allow room for passing traffic.
Scratcha Key, your proposed action would give you a bill of hundreds of pounds and a criminal record. Report to the Police instead.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 10:23am Townie wrote:
yeah....call 999, and whilst you're at it, get the fire brigade out there too to remove the parked cars.
It's a very short walk to the other pavement, even with a pushchair. LIfe's just too short to be whineing about somethings that take 2 seconds to get around.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 10:45am Clifford wrote:
Townie wrote: 'It's a very short walk to the other pavement...'
Says someone who admits to parking his car on the pavement because it's so important that he should stop outside the takeaway.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 10:51am uckersbarry wrote:
ohoh

On 7 Apr 2013 at 11:21am Frankie wrote:
On this topic, did anyone drive into Nevill estate last night and see the inconsiderate a**ehole who had parked in the entrance to the estate leaving just enough space for a family car.
Had a big incident occurred in the estate last night requiring ambulances or fire engines they would have been extremely hampered by this marvelous bit of parking.
I wont discuss parking in general on Nevill as this is done regularly however to park like this is just pure selfishness and showing no consieration to other road users.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 12:28pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The Nevill gossip factory tells me that a lot of people are hacked off about about a resident who parks a breakdown truck in Mount Harry Road, that they have complained to the council, and been told that there's nothing to prevent him from doing so.

I wonder if this "inconsiderate" parking might actually have been deliberate?
One day there'll be a tragedy because of stupid parking on the Nevill. There's evenings were you can't get a van along some of the roads.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 12:37pm Class7 wrote:
If said van is of a certain size/ class , think the width is part of this , then it must face the correct direction of traffic flow and have obligatory lights on over night ( side or parking lights ) this could be an avenue to pursue , have you tried asking the owner to park this commercial vehicle elsewhere ,like the lay by in Neville road where it is wide enough ?
On 7 Apr 2013 at 12:58pm Rods Tiger wrote:
Townie - What an amazingly inconsiderate and selfish attitude you have. Apart from anything else, parking on the pavement where you do is illegal.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 1:37pm king cnut wrote:
ACT; many years ago drivers of a certain lorry delivery firm used to park in the Neville. As far as I recall they were threatened with being done for obstruction of the highway. Unless this act has been repealed then the council spokesperson has got it wrong.
More annoying is the crustie converted ambulance size vehicles parked (I say parked, dumped is a better description) around Malling.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 2:11pm Townie wrote:
It's usually for a couple of minutes whilst people pick up their takeaways, Rod's tiger. it doesn't take 10 seconds to cross the road for this fleet of pushchair wielding mums who are obviously all out on a friday or saturday night.
Get over it tiger and move on.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:39pm Old Cynic wrote:
This debate was going quite nicely until Townie started up! If you cant be pleasant please be just be quiet. Parking on the pavement is inconsiderate - why should mums with push-chairs, old people, those in wheelchairs or the blind be forced into the road just so a take-away be collected? Don't be idle, park around the corner and burn off a calorie or two!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:40pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I don't have a problem with the breakdown truck that's often parked there. I'm guessing that the owner or driver might be on call and needs it close at hand, as it isn't there every night.
The ones that annoy me are the people who are so determined to park right outside their houses that they don't leave enough room for large vehicles (esp emergency vehicles) to weave in and out of the parked cars, and the ones that park right on the corners, obstructing visibility at junctions
And as for the OP, I can understand her reluctance to cross the road. The pavement is narrower on the west side of Fisher Street, and visibility is obstructed from the Lamb onwards, so not a safe place to cross anyway.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:43pm Scratcha Key wrote:
Scratcha back. I am not a mum, I'm a physically active bloke who lives around the corner.
Why should I have to cross the road, then cross back again, all because some a**hole can't be arsed to park in such a way that I can't get a pushchair past?
Also, often cars are parked in front of the Chinese in such a way that crossing back over means I have to stand in the middle of the road because I run out of path on the other side (I need to walk onto West Street, not Mount Place),
I'm going to take pictures of the cars and send them to the traffic office, see what happens.
Seriously, some of these t*ssers park so people can't even walk past.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 9:49pm Tim Wilkins real name wrote:
Scratcha Key: Do what I do and break the wing mirrors by pushing them back against themselves. It cannot be proven that it was done deliberately and will make the selfish, lazy tw*ts think twice about leaving it there again. I used to do the same when I drove a bus and someone was parked in the bus stop. It's amazing how much an electric door mirror costs. Selfish, inconsiderate people are a scourge. Townie you really must be a corpulent tw8t !!!
On 8 Apr 2013 at 11:55am Ratio wrote:
So. Excellent. Now we know whom to prosecute for property crime. What bus route did you drive? I shall alert the constabulary. You've progressed from sanctimonious fool, to self righteous windbag, to confessed criminal. Marvellous.
On 8 Apr 2013 at 1:41pm Townie wrote:
Hey Tim...I'm a corpulent tw8t eh ???? That coming from a bloke who's just admitted to criminal damage on a public forum and put his real name to it. Bwahahahahahahahaha, pure class.

On 8 Apr 2013 at 2:18pm Ratio wrote:
Mind you, Townie--this is also coming from a person who claims to 'stand by the courage of his/her convictions' in various other threads. 'Cannot be proven that it was done deliberately' does not sound very courageous to me. It sounds cowardly, petty and nasty--as he or she reveals their true character. So this is the kind of person that goes about damaging property in a sick and twisted version of vigilante justice. I feel nauseated...

On 8 Apr 2013 at 2:29pm Ratio wrote:
Correction. I take back the unspecified gender. It's obviously a bloke. Don't know any girl 'Tims'.
On 8 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm Tim Wilkins real name wrote:
Get over yourselves you bunch of cowardly losers. If you want to confront me, ask around town and you will get my address. Then come round for me to show you the error of your ways. You scum are the reason our country is weak. Here's an admission on a public forum for you. Come round here for a good hiding and you won't be leaving ever again.
On 8 Apr 2013 at 8:12pm Ratio wrote:
I am a schoolteacher and a woman. You'd look awfully stupid trying to beat me up. I do know martial arts so I could probably defend myself. In fact, it's likely I'd beat you. Alas, violence is the go-to solution for the tiny mind. I'm far too clever for that n

On 8 Apr 2013 at 8:14pm Ratio wrote:
onsense, though it's interesting to watch you disintegrate into a mewling schoolboy. You truly are quite troubled, aren't you? Oh dear.

On 9 Apr 2013 at 8:26am Harry wrote:
Getting back to the original message. See link

Check it out here »
On 9 Apr 2013 at 10:14am Tim Wilkins real name wrote:
Ratio - I'd still rip your throat out and piss down your neck!!!!
On 9 Apr 2013 at 11:00am TownFlyer wrote:
Have the grown-ups left, leaving the lunatics in charge of the asylum?

On 9 Apr 2013 at 11:46am Pedant wrote:
Surely the expression is "piss down your dead neck". Anyway, that said, at least one good thing has come out of this, Town Flyer has made the most salient observation, this forum is indeed an asylum. There is no one in charge, just a bunch of sanctimonious tw@ts that think they are.

On 9 Apr 2013 at 4:11pm where'smylocal wrote:
Well said Pedant !!!

On 9 Apr 2013 at 6:38pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I thought the expression was "rip your head off and piss down your neck", but not one I tend to use. I much prefer "knock your teeth so far down your throat your dentist will need a speculum to check your fillings".
I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the turn things have taken. This sort of conduct wouldn't even be tolerated on Digital Spy, and they're all bonkers on there.

On 9 Apr 2013 at 9:33pm Horseman7 wrote:
Pedant, you seem to have tamed your iPhone tonight! Or does it have something to do with how tired / hung over / emotional you are etc?

My daughter has just defected from Android to iPhone and reports that the first few days were "challenging". Since she's in the military, I'm sure she was less polite than that whilst taming the beast.
On 9 Apr 2013 at 10:04pm Expat Two wrote:
"There is no one in charge, just a bunch of sanctimonious tw@ts that think they are."
How do you suppose people feel about your criticisms of their grammar?

On 10 Apr 2013 at 2:54pm brixtobelle wrote:
Crikey - away for a week and a forum user goes into meltdown. Nice to be able to rely on some things.

1 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 66:143
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum