Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Care Home in Ringmer/Lewes area

On 15 Nov 2017 at 4:43pm Megan wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations for a good Care Home in the Ringmer/Lewes area?
On 15 Nov 2017 at 4:51pm Sunshine wrote:
Heard good things about Lime Tree House in Ringmer, but please steer clear of Claydon in Lewes
On 15 Nov 2017 at 4:59pm Megan wrote:
Okay thank you, what about Holme Lodge?
On 15 Nov 2017 at 6:19pm Mrs B wrote:
Holme Lodge is very good
On 15 Nov 2017 at 7:25pm @Sunshine wrote:
Why steer clear? We have been looking at this as a possibility for our elderly relative
On 15 Nov 2017 at 7:37pm ITK wrote:
Steer well away from Claydon and North Corner. Lime Tree and Holme Lodge are both very good. Check out their ratings
On 15 Nov 2017 at 8:43pm JAB wrote:
I can highly recommend the care homes at St Georges Park in Ditchling, both my parents were moved there a year ago in quite traumatic circumstances and the care and compassion they have received has been amazing. They are cared for with dignity and treated as individuals. It's only a 20 min drive from Lewes.
On 15 Nov 2017 at 8:52pm '80s boy wrote:
Claydon House - do not put your loved ones anywhere near the place.
I wouldn't wish a stay there on my worst enemy.
For Dementia sufferers, Blatchington Court in Seaford is highly recommended.
On 15 Nov 2017 at 9:09pm Sugar wrote:
Lime tree house in ringmer is amazing, can't fault them one bit, lovely home lovely staff and they provide excellent care.
On 15 Nov 2017 at 9:14pm LTH wrote:
Highly recommend limetree house
On 15 Nov 2017 at 10:42pm Peasant wrote:
Lime Tree House is very good.
The brand new Parris Lawn in Ringmer, just opened, doesn't have a track record yet but is run by a company that has done well elsewhere, and well worth a look.
I would personally steer clear of Holm Lodge.
Lydfords in East Hoathly is a bit further from Lewes but has a very good reputation.
On 15 Nov 2017 at 11:03pm RingmerResident wrote:
Please don't put Ringmer and Lewes together as one word using a forward slash in the middle of them.
Ringmer is not joined to Lewes town. It is completely independent of Lewes town. It is part of the Lewes district, as is Barcombe, Newick, Chailey etc etc. Don't lump Ringmer in with Lewes as in Ringmer/Lewes as though they're the same place. They are not. We are our own village thank you very much.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 7:09am Dot slash wrote:
Holm Lodge improved 100 per cent once they got rid of Palmer in 2012
On 16 Nov 2017 at 8:19am Sunshine wrote:
And don't take any notice of Care Quality Commission ratings - go on personal recommendations
On 16 Nov 2017 at 9:21am Tara P wrote:
Dot Slash, aka Joan or Paul. I'm going to show this to the police. Angela ( who was Palmer) was the person who prevented further abuse at that place because she blew the whistle on what she saw going on. This is documented. Going around making these statements is treading on the thinnest of ice. Angela chose to leave there. Do I really need to explain that to work there after reporting them would be impossible?
Like many people I am tired of seeing you slate her and Newell on any forum you get the chance to. It's not just malicious it's unlawful. When their colleagues and friends defend them you claim that you are the victims.
It's true that they're politically passionate. It's true that they speak out against injustice. Often that makes enemies for them. I'd rather someone was outspoken and proactive in life than a keyboard warrior.
I'd hope that you'd be prevented from posting on here, as they frequently are, but that's probably another of the injustices that they face. Please get on with your lives and leave them alone!
On 16 Nov 2017 at 9:33am Ring/piece wrote:
Maybe the title was shortened to get all he letters in ? Kind regards.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 9:39am @Tara P wrote:
Youíre going to the police??? Good god help us. What a snowflake. Get over it.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 9:51am Snowflake wrote:
Serious issues reported. Now I'm over it, lol! Now leave them alone please.
On 16 Nov 2017 at 10:23am @ Sunshine wrote:
Can you expand further on why you wouldn't put loved one in there? The care home has many residents (and we are considering) so it would be good to know why you say steer well clear (as steer well clear doesn't really say much)
On 16 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm @Tara P wrote:
What did you say to the Police Tara? "My ickle fwiend is being bullied by some nasty faceless twoll on tinterwebby thing. Please tell them off Mr Policeman"
I bet they just love you.
On 17 Nov 2017 at 12:02am Ringmer Resident. wrote:
Ringmer is not part of Lewes. We don't want to be part of Lewes. We don't want to even be associated with Lewes.
On 17 Nov 2017 at 1:22pm @Tara P wrote:
We are getting seriously annoyed with the blame been put on us! Itís also malicious and nasty how do we know her other names hardly know the woman thank goodness
On 17 Nov 2017 at 2:06pm @@Tara P wrote:
Yes it's so annoying when you get blamed for an assault that you accepted a police caution for.
I'm sure we all feel your pain
On 17 Nov 2017 at 2:40pm @@@Tara P wrote:
I donít recall accepting a caution for assult whatís so ever!!! Get your facts right Newell and stop sending others pmís blaming us for things at the end of the day itís not just us that dislike you
On 17 Nov 2017 at 3:39pm @@@@Tara P wrote:
You really do inhabit a world of your own don't you?
On 17 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm @@@@@Tara P wrote:
And so do you!! Because you are incorrect. Ever wondered why CE keeps it quiet? Only the daughter mouths off and she wasnít there and doesnít know about CEís late night PMís .
On 17 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm Vicky Pollard wrote:
Yer but no but...
On 18 Nov 2017 at 7:54am Not him again wrote:
Newell Fisher. You accuse people anonymously. You are a coward, a busy body and a simpleton. You are an opinionated loud mouth with a very small brain. Give everyone a rest and shut up. You do not know best. You are too stupid to know best. And leave this forum alone. You pollute it with all you nadty anonymous posts.

How do you like it huh?

Anyway. Back to care homes. Lime Tree is said to be very good but they won't let the residents go for even short walks by themselves and seem more geared towards people who have entirely lost their independence.

Paris Lawn in Ringmer is very impressive. We visited it last week. The facilities are stunning and the staff lovely. Downside: it's costly and brand new (I.e not yet bedded in).
On 18 Nov 2017 at 8:04am Haha wrote:
Loving all the irony today. "Not him again" wrote "Newell Fisher. You accuse people anonymously."
Hahahahaha
On 18 Nov 2017 at 11:38am Freddie wrote:
Claydon House is a marvellous place. The staff are kind, caring and professional. Thereís loads of activities organised that residents can choose to do. I have visited there many times in the last year unannounced and never felt concerned about anything Iíve seen. Please go & visit it & make up your own mind.
On 19 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm Mercury wrote:
My old dad's in a home but He want's to break free
On 20 Nov 2017 at 8:36pm Not him again wrote:
@ha ha.

Do you miss the bit where I said "how do you like it then?"
On 26 Nov 2017 at 2:21pm Sugarplum wrote:
Limetree house is an amazing care home the staff are lovely and the residents are very well looked after regarding to the comment above i have regularly seen residents walking around the grounds and are regularly taken out by the staff anyone the knows where limetree is located knows that there is a long drive way to the home which is situated on a main road i wouldnt expect the home to let my relative/friend to be walking along a main road independently!

4 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

You've read the puff pieces to attract the investors. Now read the spec.for the vaccine if you're interested, it's your life. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina