Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

CORE STRATEGY

On 21 Mar 2013 at 2:08pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Please be aware that the date for final submissions on the core strategy for Lewes is tomorrow at 4pm 22/3/13.
If you want to make a represenation or comment, please see link below

Check it out here »

On 21 Mar 2013 at 3:02pm Southover Queen wrote:
Thanks for the reminder, BB. I shall submit my tuppence-worth this afternoon.

On 21 Mar 2013 at 5:33pm Deelite wrote:
140 pages and not one pointer to whether I can build my extension or not. :-(

On 21 Mar 2013 at 10:20pm the old mayor wrote:
Large box of matches ?

On 22 Mar 2013 at 3:16am Fairmeadow wrote:
Still 12 hr to demand they beef up the requirement for affordable housing.
The current version is little more than a hope kindly developers will help out, out of the goodness of their little hearts.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 8:25am Deelite wrote:
Can the Lewes Core Strategy carry any weight when the Government is able to move the goalposts at will (see link). The problem with these monolithic and inflexible documents is that take so long to produce that they are often out of date before they are even released.

Check it out here »

On 22 Mar 2013 at 9:03am speedonot wrote:
I took time out to (try to) read it ysterday. What an absolute load of tripe! It says nothing really, is full of "sustainablility" rubbish (God, I hate that word) and has nothing in it of real substance. Written by people with little or no grasp of reality. Whi is it aimed at? Nobody who lives in the real world, that's for sure.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 9:18am Deelite wrote:
It's supposed to interpret government policy for the local area. It's for us all, but mostly useful to local government and those dealing with local government.

Although 'sustainable' is a much over-used word, in times when energy prices are set to continue their inexorable rise (and natural resources are finite and diminishing rapidly) it's a pretty important concept.

Still, a pretty useless document when the government can drive a cart and horse through it at will (as it looks like they are just about to).

On 22 Mar 2013 at 1:24pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Well I feel better having made a contribution, even if it's ignored, than not.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 3:49pm bastian wrote:
I agree, but I don't expect to be heard, it's not about that anymore because money screams from the roof tops.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 5:00pm tobnac wrote:
Just had a quick read through (even though it's just too late to comment). Actually looks ok to me. Affordable housing at 40% for large schemes and a reduced requirement for smaller scemes seems fair. Robust policies for protecting retail uses on the high street. On the sustainability policies, Code for Sustainable homes level 3 looks a bit under ambitious to me. I'd have thought level 4 a minimum.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Normans Helmet 94:132
Normans Helmet

I pay lots of subscription fees for various tv, film and music services....including the BBC....i can't recall ever feeling... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum
Jim