Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Bye bye BBC.

4
3
On 12 May 2015 at 1:01pm Tory Voter wrote:
The appointment of John Whittingdale arch BBC critic, as Minister of Culture and Sport and the stonking majority for us at the election marks the beginning of the end for the BBC.the public dont want it that is clear .Good riddance to that bunch of overpaid lefties.Welcome Mr Murdoch. MBC perhaps, or Fox Broadcasting Corporation?We really are burying socialism.there is practically nothing le(excuse the pun)Next the NHS and we have a clean sweep.
5
3
On 12 May 2015 at 1:37pm Tory Choice wrote:
And then we march on Poland!
4
4
On 12 May 2015 at 1:38pm Tedium wrote:
Judging by your illiterate post you are not educated nor very bright. This must account for your point of view. Talk about a turkey voting for Christmas!
4
7
On 12 May 2015 at 1:44pm believe in better wrote:
The BBC licence fee is a tax I DONT want to pay.Why the hell should I subbsidise the crap they show?I pay for SKY.Thats what I want.
9
2
On 12 May 2015 at 1:46pm Rupert Murdoch wrote:
You mean you pay ME to brainwash you! Mwahahahahahaha!
5
2
On 12 May 2015 at 1:47pm Max Clifford wrote:
There would nothing without the BBC . I like not paying £70 a month , but then again the telly box is not my life ,
9
4
On 12 May 2015 at 1:58pm Southover Queen wrote:
The BBC is one of the single remaining institutions recognised the world over as the best in its class. Lose it, and this country really does become a pretty pathetic also-ran.
4
4
On 12 May 2015 at 2:00pm believe in better wrote:
Smash it up and sell it off.
1
1
On 12 May 2015 at 2:06pm Local wrote:
Tedium - you might want to sharpen your irony radar...
6
1
On 12 May 2015 at 2:07pm reply to troll wrote:
"The BBC licence fee is a tax I DONT want to pay.Why the hell should I subbsidise the crap they show?I pay for SKY.Thats what I want."
If you want to classify it as a tax (which is debatable as the money does not go into Government coffers) then where you want to pay it or not is entirely irrelevant. The point of taxes is that you have to pay them whether you want to or not.
Now troll off.
4
1
On 12 May 2015 at 2:10pm Grafter wrote:
Watch on YouTube or iplayer. Legal if it's not live. Most bbc programs are made by Indy production companies anyway so what's the problem?T.V news is for low info folks anyway.
8
2
On 12 May 2015 at 2:11pm Southover Queen wrote:
Why? Produce a valid business case for destroying an institution which produced nearly £1bn in export revenue for this country, and which generates countless more in visitors attracted in part by BBC programmes.

Go on, give it a try. Not a witless semi-literate diatribe against lefties, but a careful analysis of the value to the UK of the creative industries which have the BBC right at their heart.
2
1
On 12 May 2015 at 2:34pm Historian wrote:
Yep, the rest of the world listens or watches for free ! Theyre welcome to 30 year old Morecombe and Wise, Dads Army repeats, etc etc. Downton Abbey etc can be bought in by whoever. Split it into radio and TV maybe ? Hive of some of it and reduce the annual fee.
9
3
On 12 May 2015 at 2:50pm Southover Queen wrote:
Hmmm. Downton Abbey is ITV content, as it happens and was deliberately excluded from my figures. You'd have done much better to point out that the biggest earner has been Top Gear in recent years. But the Natural History Unit is also a huge earner, and so is BBC Drama output like Sherlock.

We don't export all that much any more, and little of what do export is identifiably "British". The BBC punches way above its weight.

So come on: what good reason (apart from the "leftie" argument, which is a pretty rubbish one) is there to decimate the single best known institution we have in the UK after the Queen?

2
1
On 12 May 2015 at 5:02pm Mark wrote:
I don't see any logic in it. Perhaps it was suggested by an Australian-American billionaire who owns most of the rest of our media?
4
 
On 12 May 2015 at 5:22pm Southover Queen wrote:
Gosh, do you really think so? Surely not...

By the way "Historian" your post makes no sense whatsoever, now that I read it again. The rest of the world pays millions - nearly £1bn in fact - every year for content produced by the BBC.

And how would hiving radio off from tv help? You don't pay a licence fee to listen to the radio anyway.
1
1
On 12 May 2015 at 5:30pm Maria Cauliflower wrote:
Suckers!You voted Lib Dem and they sold off Royal Mail ,those lovely Lib Dumbs opened the door for a majority Tory government.By Bye BBC, hello Fox.
2
1
On 12 May 2015 at 5:47pm belladonna wrote:
Sod off Nurse Ratchett
2
8
On 12 May 2015 at 6:25pm Paul Newman wrote:
SQ - Is your argument, then , that an industry is likely to be a better exporter if we subsidies it on a random household appliance ?What other industries would you like to apply this formula to ?
Is your argument that the private sector cannot produce such Reithian output as Celebrity Dancing Competitions or pop music radio ?
Do you wonder where innovations like 24 hour news breakfast television or , come to think of it , pop music radio , will come from without the BBC…Sky , ITV and Radio Caroline perhaps …
Is it really essential to tax people so the state can buy US products for them to watch as they increasingly take no interest in our own dull fare ?
On the bias of the BBC, well look at the electric impact of one balanced Question Time audience and imagine what it might be like to put up with a right wing audience week after week framing every question with an assumption that spooning is good and cuts evil
Why do we always have to be so extreme ?
There is place for public service broadcasting but not one that swamps the free press and kills off online media to the point that it is political player when it should be one commentator . Do you really feel comfortable about the BBC`s behaviour in Scotland , or the fact that comedian has no career if the BBC don`t like them ?
Why can`t we have a BBC England by the way ?
 
3
On 12 May 2015 at 6:28pm Paul Newman wrote:
Spooning ?
Spending, ha I like the way people think I spend hours on this stuff, seconds more like ..( all to obviously )
2
 
On 12 May 2015 at 7:10pm Clifford wrote:
None of this is going to happen. It's simply the regular government tactic (Tory or Labour) of frightening BBC top management into being a bit more 'sympathetic' to government policies. And seeing how the BBC rolled over during the NHS 'reforms' they won't need much prodding. The BBC is still the best propaganda arm the Establishment has - right down to the 'BBC voice'.
 
 
On 12 May 2015 at 7:47pm Rupert Burdoch wrote:
Yes Cifford,my little Trotskyite possum, it will never happen.Ho Ho Ho.
2
1
On 12 May 2015 at 8:30pm sue wrote:
Radio 4 and 6 music forever at all costs, it's not just about TV programmes. Tory Voter do us all a favour and educate yourself, it may be too late for you?
3
3
On 13 May 2015 at 12:12am Historian wrote:
SQ your post is rubbish ! Ever heard of BBC Radios 1 to 4 and the rest? Where do they get the money from ? How much does the Eurovision Song Contest extract, as the UK pays for a slot regardless, that's definitely a waste nowadays. Sending correspondents around the world to stand with a microphone and report back and not always using freelancers that are on the spot.
The list goes on and on, like the NHS for wastage. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians, if we are still allowed to use that phrase. Do we need so many 'TV celebrities' presenting radio programmes ? No, only because they are on contract and so over paid yet underused.
1
 
On 13 May 2015 at 5:05am Another Tory Voter wrote:
I don’t mind paying for the BBC that much, it is, after all, rather good value compared to the 60-odd channels of drivel a sky subscription gets you, but I don’t see why I should be forced into paying for a neutral news agency. A national broadcasting service should promote traditional British values, nobody wants children being exposed to ‘balancing’ left wing perspectives. Think how much better society would be if we could keep the spectre of Marxism hidden from impressionable minds.
I would also applaud seeing some proper advertising on the BBC too, our business leaders, and those around the world, are taking a massive financial hit if the UK’s most watched channel isn’t telling us, and reminding us, which products we should be buying.
2
1
On 13 May 2015 at 6:26am Paul Newman wrote:
Clifford is right , the BBC is the Tory Fox hunting and they talk about killing it off to give the faithful some red meat but they never will.
Pity really its such a terrible dead weight for the country to carry
1
 
On 13 May 2015 at 8:09am Fumble B wrote:
Maria Caulfield did NOT stand for election to Brighton and Hove City Council in 2015. She did, however, represent Moulsecoomb and Bevendean as a Conservative councillor some years ago.
2
1
On 13 May 2015 at 8:48am liberal wrote:
Paul Newman is right about the BBC being a rallying cry for the Tories.
So let's allow them to repeal the ban on fox hunting instead. Vicious creatures - I'd rather see them culled than Yentobs.
2
 
On 13 May 2015 at 11:15am Clifford wrote:
Rupert Burdoch wrote: 'Yes Cifford,my little Trotskyite possum...'

Ah, poor politically illiterate Rupert. You wouldn't recognise a Trotskyite if one came up and bit you on the bum. I suppose Kronstadt means nothing to you.
2
 
On 13 May 2015 at 11:17am Clifford wrote:
And Paul, it's nice to see we agree on something - a bit.
1
1
On 13 May 2015 at 11:50am Rupert Burdoch wrote:
Wadya mean Clifford? Linda Kronstadt is one of may favourite singers you Drongo.I particularly like her version of that Welsh Conservative song Blue Boyo .

Watch the video »
1
 
On 13 May 2015 at 10:04pm Dan D Lyon wrote:
Rupert, would you join me for a drink
 
1
On 14 May 2015 at 8:12pm Ewo wrote:
The BBC is a propaganda machine for the establishment. Once you work that out its easy to turn it off.


4 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Harveys Brewery 40:132
Harveys Brewery

'The sooner politics gets out of the way of medicine the better for all concerned.'


Health is a political issue. Thaty's why... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell