Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Buses into Brighton...

On 7 Jan 2016 at 2:14pm Rob wrote:
Anyone else experiencing problems trying to get into Brighton on the bus? Seems services have been disrupted by the Earwig Corner roadworks and the bus company are starting and stopping the service at Lewes Road Bus Garage.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 3:52pm Dixie Normus wrote:
Yes, most of the buses are no longer on time and when in Brighton don't leave directly from Churchill Square.
Oh well, all in all the service is usually very good and this cannot be helped!
On 7 Jan 2016 at 4:09pm Humbert wrote:
The buses seem heavily over priced and the problems at the moment almost make the train seem a better option. If these problems continue then those who demand a new train line from Lewes to London (like our MP) might soon be demanding a new road into Brighton too.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 8:50pm Lopster wrote:
Those preferring train are obviously better off Humbert as there are already two train routes into Brighton
On 7 Jan 2016 at 9:02pm Old Malling wrote:
Roadworks have finished so hopefully they'll be back to normal tomorrow as long as the next set of roadworks on Malling Hill don't cause too much of a delay
On 7 Jan 2016 at 11:43pm Belladonna wrote:
How are there two train routes from Lewes into Broghton ? Unless you make a long journey via ZHaywards Heath ? I always get the train - the bus takes longer and is more expensive

On 8 Jan 2016 at 8:40am Dixie Normus wrote:
@Belladonna - What planet are you on? Train cheaper than the bus? I can only assume you mean off-peak, but even then I struggle to believe a return to Brighton on the train is cheaper than a city saver to Brighton......Please prove me wrong so I can get the train each morning.

On 8 Jan 2016 at 8:11pm Belladonna wrote:
Actually I was thinking of two different journeys - it's a 5 off peak return to Uckfield on the bus and 4.80 on the train off peak to Brighton if you just turn up and pay.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Impending Sheep 45:132
Impending Sheep

Australia has species of trees that can only reproduce by being set alight, that must tell you something. No room for nature... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa