Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Burnt-looking house

On 22 May 2016 at 10:38pm Curious wrote:
On St Johns terrace. Anyone know what happened?
On 23 May 2016 at 12:38am Curious wrote:
Would it be nosy of the neighbours to ask what had been burning very close to their houses? Jog on yourself, you twat.
On 23 May 2016 at 12:59am common sense wrote:
If I were that curious I would have simply gone and asked. I think we can safely assume that the house was on fire. I don't that the owner of the said house will be on here telling the tale so if I were you I would use my legs and have a walk to the said house and offer assistance if needed. We easily forget that there was probably someone living in the house and we are too busy concerned about the knock on effect to our own little castles. Gawd sometimes the people on this forum make me sick.
On 23 May 2016 at 8:14am Sue wrote:
Common sense - complete overreaction to a simple question!
On 23 May 2016 at 10:22am Pete Manyata wrote:
House fire at 3am. Science unit didn't know the cause yet when I asked. What's wrong with being nosy anyway? It's hard-wired into homo sapiens, although paragons can surpress it apparently
On 23 May 2016 at 12:56pm Paragon wrote:
I don't care
On 23 May 2016 at 3:21pm Bert wrote:
Do people actually say "jog on"? I always thought it was something only z list Big Brother people said circa 2005.
On 23 May 2016 at 5:14pm Meic wrote:
There was a fire in the basement (possibly starting in the coal-hole), Cause not certain, but thought to be either related to gas or electricity. All residents were successfully evacuated. Power was out for about 4 hours.
On 23 May 2016 at 8:29pm GasmanGazzer wrote:
Must of been electric, gas would of been a bang . Good news that everyone got out safe.

On 23 May 2016 at 10:37pm Local wrote:
I overheard workmen saying that the owner somehow managed to set fire to the gas supply pipe, which burnt away for a while before the fire bobbies put it out. Gas only explodes when its contained, so sounded viable to me.

On 24 May 2016 at 9:25am GG wrote:
That is true and possible, Local.

On 27 May 2016 at 10:54pm decca wrote:
Now they are the ultimate definition of DFL

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Where did you get that hat 141:143
Where did you get that hat

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine