Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Building works

On 13 Mar 2016 at 12:30am Tired resident wrote:
It's nearly 00:30 and people building the perimer inn have been at work for the last half an hour, there is a constant low pitched rumbling / humming noises and a high pitched screeching ever minute or so. Is any one else disturbed by them or is it just me?
On 13 Mar 2016 at 5:14am Resident wrote:
As I'm sure you know, they are only allowed to work at certain hours and 12.30 am is way outside what they are allowed. Suggest you log a complaint with the police if it happens again. Shame the residents don't get a "good nights sleep"
On 13 Mar 2016 at 6:27am from lewes wrote:
Maybe its a an alarm gone off as there has gone off as they would not be working out of hours on a site in the middle of town !
On 13 Mar 2016 at 7:34am Old Malling wrote:
If they really are working there during the night and it's disturbing you then you need to contact the planning department at LDC.
On 13 Mar 2016 at 9:27am Dweller wrote:
Planning responsibly was passed from LDC to SDNPA, who are not interested in the town, otherwise why did they approve the plans?
On 13 Mar 2016 at 12:57pm Me myself and i wrote:
Maybe the plans were approved because they had ticked all the right boxes and Lewes needed a decent hotel?
On 13 Mar 2016 at 2:52pm Tipex wrote:
I'd be very suprised if they were working on the hotel in the middle of the night. Whatever you think about these large developers they know their legislation better than anyone and wouldn't endorse such working hours. I suspect the noise was coming from somewhere else.
On 13 Mar 2016 at 3:07pm Premier Inn The Night wrote:
Tired Resident, you are right. They often work late at night/early morning there, which I'm assuming contravenes the rules. I'm not saying I know who to contact, just wanted to let you know you're not going mad!
On 13 Mar 2016 at 3:11pm Premier Inn The Night wrote:
...having said that, I'm guessing you've tried reporting it through LDC's noise complaint form?
On 13 Mar 2016 at 3:14pm Premier inn the night wrote:
...Sorry, that was meant to have a link attached:
www.lewes.gov.uk/environment/1080.asp
On 13 Mar 2016 at 3:50pm Xplorer2 wrote:
If they are working at night, then call LDC, ask for the planning dept, give them specific times and complain.
On 13 Mar 2016 at 4:23pm On Cliffe bridge wrote:
@ midnight - gazing @the moon. I said " it's quiet @ Premier" - but I spoke too flippin' soon.
On 13 Mar 2016 at 5:38pm Trainspotter wrote:
Unfortunately I live alongside the train station so I can tell you that it was probably the heavy maintenance train chugging up and down each line at the station, the screeching definitely was.
On 13 Mar 2016 at 5:57pm intercontinental wrote:
does anyone who actually lives in Lewes.. actually work within the Premier Inn site?
On 13 Mar 2016 at 6:00pm Another B and B lady wrote:
Yes. Noise almost definitely coming from the Station. Often terrible screeching noises in the night (we live very near station). I really can't imagine Quora need to work late at night - it would contravene regulations and cost too much to get people working those hours. The development is pretty much on time, so why would they be working at 3.00 am?
On 13 Mar 2016 at 8:53pm Pedant wrote:
Who said 3.00 am? Never let the facts get in the way.
On 13 Mar 2016 at 11:02pm Another b wrote:
Yes Pedant. Re read first post - 00.30 but my remarks still stand.

On 14 Mar 2016 at 7:26pm Casey Jones wrote:
The screeching probably comes from the rails that the maintenance loco is, er maintaining. I remember how the Uckfield Snail used to screech on the tight radius on the viaduct into Lewes station . There is an extra rail on the tight radii that stops the wheels from riding up too far, but screeches in the process.
On 15 Mar 2016 at 4:56pm Rob Williams wrote:
I live in Lewes and we are doing the dry lining work at the Premier Inn, we have two labourers from Lewes on site and three Apprentices that live in the Lewes District area and most our other tradesmen come from Sussex. The main contractor Jessops are a pleasure to work with and are a medium sized building contractor from Newark.
Like the main contractor, we are contractually bound by the hours of work restrictions set by Lewes District Council Planning department.
If you truly thought that people were working there on a Sunday night until 12.30am, I would suggest that perhaps you may have missed more than one night's sleep.
I spent last night in a Premier Inn in Dalston and it served a purpose and this one will serve a purpose for normal working people who need to use one in Lewes when it opens.
On 15 Mar 2016 at 6:15pm Local fella wrote:
That's far too sensible a post for the cretins on here. Would you please remove your brain before posting next time?

On 16 Mar 2016 at 7:59pm Randle Mc Murphy wrote:
Just had a lobotomy, can I post something ?

On 16 Mar 2016 at 10:32pm Local fella wrote:
Didn't think you normally asked first.

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes railway land 80:143
lewes railway land

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde