Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Building work in Lewes Station Car Park

On 16 May 2012 at 12:22pm Howard wrote:
lot of work going on here - massive hole and now foundations going in - what is this? Any ideas?

On 16 May 2012 at 12:51pm Ratty wrote:
There's a notice in the station about extending the car park in the north east corner (which is I think where the works are going on). Not sure why they need to dig a big hole and lay foundations though

On 16 May 2012 at 1:35pm Pete wrote:
They dig a big hole so that they can fill it in again, surely ?

On 16 May 2012 at 1:54pm Cliffite wrote:
Hope they add another pedestrian entrance that's nearer town end of things so don't have to walk and double-back on oneself - would save precious minutes in the morning when fighting against the flow of students coming down the stairs

On 16 May 2012 at 4:05pm bastian wrote:
it's a car park

On 17 May 2012 at 8:33am Pete wrote:
What ? a car park in the hole ?

On 17 May 2012 at 11:44pm Bling Mare wrote:
Could the foundations be for a new cesspit? When emptying the old one they always need to clear that land in order to get the cess truck in. I wouldn't want to park my car there for risk of damage (or spraying)!

On 21 May 2012 at 9:27pm brixtonbelle wrote:
I suspect they have to reroute some drains and make sure the foundations are solid

On 26 May 2012 at 9:57pm ben wrote:
Boreholes are to be dug in various sites around Lewes to determine best route for new
larger diameter sewer system. Station car park is one such site.

On 30 Jul 2015 at 11:20am Bridg wrote:
Is the station car park open at present with the building work going on and how can it be accessed?

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

roboqueen 102:132
roboqueen

They're everywhere, popping up like mushrooms but much uglier. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine