Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Buddah Belly

On 5 Jun 2010 at 7:59pm Richard G Ear wrote:
Open, then closed for Planning Application. Then reopened, now closed for Licensing Application.. Surely the owner knew all this BEFORE opening up the first time since they aren't new to the industry. If it ever reopens, I predict it will fail horribly as no one wants to go there after all this farce.

On 5 Jun 2010 at 9:28pm Graham wrote:
It has been bought by a new venture as the previous owners totally ignored any planning permissions.

On 6 Jun 2010 at 12:43pm Richard G Ear wrote:
Thank you for putting my mind at rest.

On 8 Jun 2010 at 7:47pm Jj wrote:
Itl do just fine, people av short memories so will forget the farce within months of the place reopening. Spice merchant is always busy n so will the Buddha

On 9 Jun 2010 at 1:06pm Ego Ronay wrote:
Went in the Spice Merchant on friday. Three times I have been there now, and three times I have had bad meals (different dish each time). Sauce was OK but the meat was thin on the ground and like chewing on an old washing up sponge, and the rice was stuck together in lumps. To make matters worse, they were playing a James Blunt CD. I know some people like the place, but I am struggling to understand why!

On 9 Jun 2010 at 1:34pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Why go back after first bad meal? An eating place does not see me for dust after a bad expeience.

On 9 Jun 2010 at 1:38pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Want a consistantly good food experience? Try Prezzo.

On 9 Jun 2010 at 2:06pm Jj wrote:
Ego I said they were busy, I didn't say they were any good. Personally I prefer the Shanaz. Food is always fantastic. Only once it was slightly salty but as soon as I told the manager he got me a replacement cooked, every1 makes mistakes n I guess the chef put salt in twice but the fact remains that they weren't arsy bout it unlike the s&m
On 18 Jun 2010 at 7:09pm Shocking wrote:
I moved to Lewes a year ago and have been to the Spice Merchant so many times - the service is really good, there is one guy in there who can recite the whole of the specials menu word for word. They are all lovely in there, and the food has been superb every single time. I have eaten at a lot of top notch Indian restaurants and I can honestly say the Spice Merchant is up there with the best. It's always packed which is a sure sign of a good restaurant! Their chicken is soooo good. Buddha Belly on the other hand was horrible. We went in there with a view to having our engagement meal/drinks in there and really didn't like it - dark lighting, smelt like cleaning fluid, and the cocktails were watery. Sort of resembled a brotel in decor, not that I have ever been to one!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Thomas Paine woz ere 124:132
Thomas Paine woz ere

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy