Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Broadband Malling - advice needed

On 25 Aug 2018 at 9:13am yoyo wrote:
I'm moving from Neville to Malling and have been phoning round to look for broadband deals. I've been told the average speeds where I'm moving to average 3-6mbps (compared to 10-12 where I am now) and with 3 teenage children, think I may struggle with this. PlusNet are offering fibre for not much more money (extra 4 per month) but that's obviously only fibre to the nearest cabinet and then it's asdl to the house. Has anyone had experience of using either basic asdl broadband in that area (off Old Malling Way) or PlusNet fibre? Any recommendations for what works best?
On 25 Aug 2018 at 10:17am ThomasJeromeNewton wrote:
Im in Spences Lane area of Malling and have full speed fibre from EE (averaging 60mbs)
On 25 Aug 2018 at 11:30am Old Malling wrote:
Welcome to Malling! Three teenage children here too with fibre to the cabinet and no performance problems.
On 25 Aug 2018 at 3:04pm W W E wrote:
Has Neville chucked you out ? Eeh, it's grim.

On 26 Aug 2018 at 4:18pm Cable guy wrote:
I'm just off Spences Lane and have Sky Fibre Pro (Fibre to the cabinet) and get 50-70mbps most of the time but have clocked it at over 100 on a few occasions.

On 26 Aug 2018 at 5:18pm Wanderer wrote:
Impossible to get over 80meg on bt lines in this area as glite from open reach is not available so the highest bt based line is 80/20 80 down 20 up but more likely to see around 60 with 12 up around here.
My line couldnt handle above 60 with 11 up so changed to virgin and very happy with it but I've been told virgin is not live around malling.

On 27 Aug 2018 at 5:39am Harry wrote:
I live just off Old Malling Way. Until recently I had ADSL service and it was very slow, 4mbps at best. I upgraded to BT Infinity and now get close to 35mbps. As far as I know Virgin is still not available here despite them wiring up the estate over 18 months ago.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:143
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

Is that such bad news. Years after year, the same old tedious thing. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green