Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

British TV

On 18 Jan 2011 at 7:10am Cynic wrote:
Former Python John Cleese says that British TV used to be the best in the world and is now as bad as everywhere else. He says he won't watch it any more. Who agrees? I do. Why has it got so bad?

On 18 Jan 2011 at 8:31am Mr Forks wrote:
British TV is rubbish, endless reality drivel and cookery shows. TV for the braindead! BBC Four is ok though.

On 18 Jan 2011 at 8:56am 'ere be monsters wrote:
I disagree, if you ignore the soaps and the reality sheeite there are some great programmes.

On 18 Jan 2011 at 12:44pm wallander wrote:
BBC4 is the best but I use Youtube more and more. Narrowcasting is the future.Check out Kevin Kellys' True Films for ideas,most are on youtube now. And TED talks of course.

On 18 Jan 2011 at 1:53pm Cynic wrote:
Agreed wallander, apart from the Newsnight and Channel 4 News I spend more time on Youtube then on steam TV.

On 18 Jan 2011 at 2:58pm Penguin wrote:
I am sure there are still just as many decent television programmes on as there ever used to be. Trouble is they are spread out over so many channels these days, and watered down with the endless repeats and drivel that they use to fill the schedules.

On 18 Jan 2011 at 6:14pm MC wrote:
I don't there are as many good programs. I almost always end up hopping through millions of channels not finding any good programs that aren't repeats.
I used to be able to find something on only four channels a good proportion of the times I tried.

Maybe I've just got narrower.

On 18 Jan 2011 at 6:44pm jrsussex wrote:
I think MC is right, I too go through many channels with fingers crossed that I find a programme of my liking. I blame pay TV. My son, a few years ago, actually researched one months programmes of Sky, I cannot remember the percentage he worked out that were repeats etc but I do recall it was a large majority of what they showed. At the time I used to pay for the Sky service but cancelled it and can honestly say I do not miss it.

On 19 Jan 2011 at 2:54am Crackerjack wrote:
I say bring back Z cars, Budgie and Worzel Gummidge, and reduce it viewing to BBC 1 and BBC 2 and ITV.

On 19 Jan 2011 at 9:55am Penguin wrote:
I agree with what you are saying MC, but you have to remember that even in the days when there were only 3 or 4 channels there was still such a thing as crap tv, and there were still times when you could go through all the channels and not find anything worth watching. I think also, with tv as with so many other things, our memories are selective about the 'good old days'. If you watch stuff now that you remember as being good from the 70's and 80's, you will often find that a lot of it is really just as bad as the stuff on nowadays! Except for Blakes 7 of course, that was brilliant!

On 19 Jan 2011 at 1:39pm numberjack wrote:
I agree heartily Penguin, Blakes 7 was the best!!!!!!!
Bring back Eldorado, pilau rice, now she was lovely!!

On 20 Jan 2011 at 1:46pm Giant wrote:
Babestation is sometimes worth a watch

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Town Clock 88:132
Lewes Town Clock

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams