Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brighton bus app reserved seats

On 17 Nov 2016 at 11:07am Delighted by Transport wrote:
When I used the Brighton & Hove bus app to buy a ticket today I saw they've started allowing you to reserve a numbered seat if your journey is timetabled to last more than 20 minutes. Yes please, top deck at the front to Churchill Square and back! Has anyone else tried this yet?

On 17 Nov 2016 at 11:15am Slarty wrote:
Not heard of this and I use a smart card rather than the app, but it is a free bus pass rule that you cannot use your free buss pass on services where most seats can be reserved. I wonder if the two are connected to make disabled and OAPs pay.
Not sure how they are going to implement it as the seats do not have numbers on them.
On 17 Nov 2016 at 11:37am Well der... wrote:
Obviously they're moving all the conductors off the trains onto the buses to enforce the "reserved seating" policy.
Mind you surely you want to reserve the seat furthest from any windows in case anyone see's you on the bus?
The idea is so ridiculous that it really wouldn't surprise me if it was true, good luck getting people to move though!
On 17 Nov 2016 at 6:36pm Horseman7 wrote:
And if you're using a nightclub bus (as opposed to the all night N7 and N25), you can order a pizza and bottle of fizzy water to be delivered to your seat.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams