Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brighton Parking

On 30 Jan 2011 at 1:23pm Terry wrote:
Hi, I am starting work in Brighton tomorrow, can anyone suggest the cheapest place to park near the shopping centre, the best price I have seen is at Russell road car park which is £7.50 for 24hrs if I enter before 8am, thanks for your help

On 30 Jan 2011 at 4:56pm Rods Tiger wrote:
Train from Lewes £4.60 ?

On 30 Jan 2011 at 5:00pm Deelite wrote:
Churchill 1 (from West Street). £8 for 8 hours. £14 for over 8 hrs.

On 30 Jan 2011 at 5:10pm bastian wrote:
Rods if you work normal hours the train fare is over 6 quid

On 30 Jan 2011 at 5:19pm Terry wrote:
Churchill Square car park! Avoid the NCP as you will find a hefty bill at the end of your day, Churchill is by far the cheapest and its strange it is as its situated one of the best places for shoppers and workers alike.
Churchill 1 or 2

On 30 Jan 2011 at 5:26pm Bongo wrote:
Why not park for free in the streets outside the centre, and walk in to the centre? Get some exercise, and save yourself some dosh!
Or get the bus if you don't fancy walking.

On 30 Jan 2011 at 6:04pm Terry wrote:
Thank you all for your advice, think i might try NCP Russell road for the first week and see how it goes, at 7.50 all day seems the cheapest next to the shopping centre, thanks again

On 31 Jan 2011 at 9:11am Trainer wrote:
£100 monthly train ticket, saves a lot of time and stress dealing with Brighton traffic

On 31 Jan 2011 at 9:44am MC wrote:
With respect Terry, I think you're mad. I've driven in to Brighton 4 days a week fro the last 5 years, paying £8 a day at Churchill 1 (or £14 if I screwed up the timing), spending many, many hours stuck in traffic jams on Lewes Road and on the A27. If I lived in Lewes and not Barcombe I'd consider using the train a no-brainer. (You can read on the train too!) If I didn't live near Lewes train station I'd cycle to it and relish getting a little fitter.

On 31 Jan 2011 at 10:52am Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
I agree with MC. Trains and buses from Lewes to Brighton are usually excellent at commuter times. When I worked in Brighton I got the bus - 3 quid return. Goes all the way to Churchill Square.

On 31 Jan 2011 at 11:25am Reggie wrote:
If you're keen to drive but want cheap parking, Withdean Park & Ride has free all day parking and then you can either buy a daily bus ticket or get a weekly/ monthly ticket which will work out more cost effective. Service 27 goes every 15 mins from Withdean to the city centre

On 31 Jan 2011 at 12:16pm Ed Can Do wrote:
When I worked in Brighton I used to get the train, although the season ticket was only £85 a month back then (I believe it's £100 odd now). Years ago I used to park up by Queen's Park and walk down but these days there's really no free parking within reasonable walking distance of the city centre. Brighton buses are very cheap and regular though and there's a lot of scope for parking further out and getting the bus in to town.

On 31 Jan 2011 at 12:27pm jrsussex wrote:
I rarely, if ever, visit Brighton solely due to the car parking fiasco accompanied by the traffic jam hassle of even getting to the car parks, most of which charge exhortative fees. The last time I did so I took just under an hour to reach a car park and then spent a further 35 minutes driving around it, My wife and I looked at each other not with love, more exasperation, and both quickly agreed to go elsewhere as long as we could get out of Brighton.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 121:132
The Pells

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo