Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brighton Buses

On 9 Jun 2012 at 11:26pm Bongo wrote:
They need to re-think their pricing structure!
£4.40 for a return journey of less than 6 miles? My arse!!

On 10 Jun 2012 at 8:32am Pete wrote:
Was the seat uncomfortable ?

On 10 Jun 2012 at 9:12am bongo wrote:
Didn't get on it. Thats a hideous amount of money for a very short journey.
I drove into Brighton town centre in the end, parked for free up a side road, and walked to the seafront (about 7 minutes stroll from my car).
Who the heck at Brighton buses thinks that their ticket prices are good value for short trips? And what happened to the park & ride?
I'm still annoyed!

On 10 Jun 2012 at 9:44am Eco numpty wrote:
Do you really think that driving you car (assuming you were on your own ) is cost affective ? Even if from lewes to madeira drive is 6 miles that's a round trip of 12 miles divide that by £4.40 around 37p per mile , petrol/ diesel roughly £6.30 a gallon average car doing ,on that sort of journey on a sat say 30 miles to the gallon , in broad terms that's £3.15 in fuel alone , well done for finding free parking (let me have a street name please ) £4.40 isn't sounding so bad now is it ?

On 10 Jun 2012 at 10:10am bastian wrote:
the train is £4.70

On 10 Jun 2012 at 11:51am Bongo wrote:
I would have got a return from Lewes, which would have been fairly good value, but I had to go to Asda afterwards. Next time, I'll try the smelly lemon bus. It's supposed to be cheaper.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 12:12pm Now I know You're Lying wrote:
Indeed Bongo, just where is this street with free parking just a short stroll from the seafront???

On 10 Jun 2012 at 1:39pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
I went to St Peters Church from Malling for £4.00 return. Thats pretty good i thought since the parking around ther north laines is a no no.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:01pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I had to drive into Brighton for something to do with work the other day. I couldn't park where I normally park (Clifton Terrace), but had to go several streets away, and was horrified to find it was £6 for 2 hours.
To cap it all, it was so windy that when I opened the car door, the ticket blew away so I can't claim the money back now!

On 10 Jun 2012 at 8:40pm Sceptic wrote:
Never mind, when you retire it's free on the bus. Just wish they had toilets on board Ha Ha.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 11:05pm Non wrote:
Central Brighton's one of the most densely populated places in the country. I think it's only fair and proper that if you decide to take a ton of metal with you when you go there that you should pay over the odds to leave it somewhere for a few hours.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Love 70:132
Lewes Love

Cast your eyes up to Mon29th Nev. I'm talking about....economic migration and it's cause. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell