Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bridgeview social club

On 27 Jan 2009 at 10:54am Phil Taylor wrote:
I just heard bridgeview social club at malling has closed down. Is this true because I'm supposed to be playing darts there tonight!

On 27 Jan 2009 at 11:51am Pub Lee Kan wrote:
Looks like it. Their website is off line I see www mallingcommunitycentre com
Another block of flats then I guess. I don't think people use social clubs anymore. St marys next?

On 27 Jan 2009 at 1:33pm lewes dart league wrote:
it has closed down but the mens doubles is still being played there 2nite

On 27 Jan 2009 at 2:03pm The Secretary wrote:
To put the record straight, a special meeting of the members of the Bridgeview Social Club Ltd agreed last night that the club would cease trading on 31 January. It's business as usual until then.
Malling Community Centre, operated separately by the Malling Community Association, remains open for business and all the clubs, societies and other groups that use the centre will continue to function as usual.

On 27 Jan 2009 at 7:29pm Avidfan wrote:
Great shame, use it or lose it. As for St Marys, if the bar side goes then it all goes as they can't afford to opperate independantly. So, if you enjoy the panto, are a member of any of the various societies that use the hall, or your kids go to Cottage Tots nursery, then start popping in the bar for drink before it's too late.

On 29 Jan 2009 at 4:45pm Old member wrote:
Word has it there is a last night party Saturday at Bridgeview with cheap drinks as it all has to go?? See you there!!

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

@tom pain, I didn't realise that the Tory party had pledged to revoke article 50. Fingers crossed they do. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington